EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Conducts lease negotiations and transactions for land and facilities; conducts market analyses of real property and renegotiates compensation on existing leases with Port tenants; analyzes the financial qualifications of prospective tenants; and handles complex projects.
- Researches, develops, manages, and monitors the activities of assigned leasehold properties and other real estate projects; participates in developing real estate program/project plans, real estate procedures and leasing guidelines; plans, organizes and implements work activities to meet established real estate goals and objectives; ensures program/project compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory agency requirements.
- Drafts staff reports summarizing real estate actions requiring Board of Harbor Commissioners approval; submits reports for Board consideration.
- Administers leases; interacts with other Port divisions to define the language of the lease; interacts with tenants or their legal representatives; receives, investigates and recommends resolution of tenant or public complaints; reviews and inspects tenancies for compliance with lease agreements.
- Reviews and evaluates financial pro forma and other financial analyses; analyzes opportunities and constraints for real estate development scenarios on Port land; supports multiple stakeholders during development projects; reports on development progress/results.
- Acquires land and property for the Port through negotiations with property owners, brokers or agents, or through the process of eminent domain; negotiates sale or transfer of Port assets and property rights.
- Prepares reports and drafts real estate documents; establishes and maintains a database inventory of the current status of all users and agreements of Port property.
- Represents the Port in meetings with tenants, developers, contractors, consultants, and officials from other jurisdictions; responds to a variety of real estate inquiries from internal and external sources, Port/City departments and outside agencies/organizations.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.