Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Lease Analysis Manager, you will be responsible for lease abstracting, interpreting, and communicating complex lease language from standard and non-standard agreements. Your detail-oriented nature, coupled with prior legal background, will allow you to successfully build and head up a newly formed team of Lease Analysts. Working alongside our Acquisition and Legal teams, the cross-department functionality keeps this role fresh, and exciting! If you are eager to showcase your managerial strengths, and pride yourself on training abilities, then you are our missing link!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Using industry best practices and guided by company requirements, abstract accurate information from complex leases and related legal documents. Data will include:
- critical dates (rent commencement, expiration, option periods, notice dates, etc.);
- revenue information (rental, taxes, insurance, common area maintenance, management, administrative fees, etc.);
- lease parties (landlord, tenant, guarantor, ground lessor, pilot lessor, etc.);
- landlord obligations (maintenance, capital expenditures, tenant improvements, etc.); and
- risk related non-financial clauses (assignment/sublease, ROFO, environmental, etc.).
- Accurately input determinations into a Yardi import template for audit approval and ultimate consumption by other departments.
- Coordinate and communicate critical information with acquisition and legal departments to ensure timely completion of abstraction to meet transaction closing deadlines.
- Work with various other departments including lease administration, property management, and asset management/real estate operations to ensure relevant data is available for reporting and action upon close of transaction.
- Act as subject matter expert and provide guidance to other departments/personnel regarding abstracted information as necessary.
- Provide guidance and instruction to lease analysts to improve the accuracy and quality of lease abstractions.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of abstracted leases by lease analysts.
- Prepare training materials and perform internal trainings.
- Develop and manage lease abstraction guidelines, standards and templates.
- Recommend new and improved process workflows to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy of work products.
- Assist in audits and walk throughs of established internal controls.
- Manage third party lease abstraction vendor.
- Establish and maintain relationship, ensure satisfaction of business owners, and identify the need to change the relationship as needed.
- Measure vendor performance and other expectations as per the contract; create vendor metrics; identify issues and work through to closure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required (real estate, business administration, finance).
- Five plus years relevant experience in the commercial real estate administration industry and/or paralegal field; having worked in either the Landlord or Tenant sector preferred.
- Financial/accounting experience preferred.
- Paralegal certificate preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of lease administration databases desired (Yardi).
- Knowledge of international lease management a plus.
- Leadership experience in supervising, mentoring, guiding and training team personnel.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Rigorous attention-to-detail, commitment to teamwork and high personal standards for customer service.
- Ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and management.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Teams.
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.