Under general direction from the Manager of Real Estate, the Real Estate Administrator provides advance level work associated with, real estate leases, licenses, easements, permits and other real estate agreements to maximize the economic benefit of North County Transit District (NCTD) properties. The position is distinguished by its responsibility for real estate activities that include real estate agreement administration and Right-of-Way (ROW) access for the North County Transit District.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs real estate agreement administration including review of key dates, rent invoicing & collection, and abstracting real estate agreement data for entry into the real estate database.
- Create and maintains real estate records, including computer data bases, spatial (GIS) data, and document files, and prepares reports on real estate matters.
- Coordinates requests by third parties to use District right-of-way, coordinates responses to those requests with District personnel, and prepares ROW work submittal reviews and authorizations for approved uses.
- Researches and advises NCTD departments and staff on real property and real estate agreements.
- Provides technical consultation and solutions to representatives of District departments on real estate agreements and holdings
- Negotiates and prepares leases, licenses or other real estate agreements terms and conditions.
- Recommends solutions to real estate issues.
- Acts as liaison between the District and third parties concerning real estate or Right-of Way activities.
- Identifies operational problems and formulates appropriate solutions.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to District employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Assists in procuring real property services provided by government agencies, third parties and private consultants.
- Manages contracts for concessions and vending or other real estate contracts as required.
- Contributes to development of real estate department procedures.
- Contributes to the preparation of escrow instructions, leases, licenses, deeds, and other real property related documents.
- Assists with property management activities including rent collection, resolving landlord/tenant disputes, and property inspections or coordinates contractors performing such activities.
- Coordinates with NCTD departments on invoicing, data management and collections, and supports with reporting requirements.
- Prepares written correspondence and reports on real property matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, engineering, planning, public administration, real estate, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in real estate, lease administration, and/or property management.
A combination of experience/skills and education to fulfill the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position may be considered.
- Possess and maintain a California driver's license, Class C, and a satisfactory driving record for the last five years.
- Maintain compliance with the District's policies regarding Conflict of Interest and Ethics.
- Working knowledge of principles of real estate management;
- Experienced with basic terminology, methods and practices of real estate, architectural and engineering design, land use planning, land surveying, mapping, construction processes, and relocation;
- Experienced with basic principles of public administration including purchasing, contracting, budgeting, and maintaining public records;
- Ability to take initiative, reason logically and be creative in developing and introducing new ideas.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to represent NCTD in interaction and communication with internal and external stakeholders, agencies, and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and organize work flow priorities to complete work within established schedule.
- Ability to analyze financial and business situations, scenarios, proposals and solve problems and present alternatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
To view the full job description, please visit NCTD's Career Page at www.gonctd.com/careers.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
This job is no longer active.