Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is the industry’s preeminent boutique real estate capital advisory firm that offers a wide variety of cutting-edge commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions, including debt, equity and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and investment sales. In business for over 90 years, the privately held company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Boston, Miami, and Los Angeles. The firm is highly regarded within the industry for its integrity, creativity, and advocacy on behalf of its clients. Ethics and trust are the core ethos of the firm. Ackman-Ziff’s unparalleled commitment to aligning itself with its clients through a totally collaborative model differentiates it from other firms.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Capital Markets Associate will be a member of the sales execution team working closely with senior management throughout all stages of the transaction life cycle.
- Creation of written and quantitative analysis for new business pitches
- Analyze new transaction offers
- Conduct research on prospects
- Offering memoranda preparation
- Supervise the creation of marketing materials for presentations
- Collaborate with and support other members of the sales team
- Property tours
- Due diligence
- Financial analysis/underwriting experience including strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills including writing and research capabilities
- Intimate knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint; ARGUS experience a plus
- Solid foundation of understanding leases, income and expense pro-forma, and valuation methodologies
- Ability to work in a team environment while possessing excellent self-motivational and entrepreneurial skillsls
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between multiple projects with deadlines in the same time frame
- Previous experience in investment sales, acquisitions, or capital markets
- Basic understanding of rent regulation (rent stabilization, rent control and process to deregulate units)
- Basic understanding of real estate tax abatements (421a, J51, MCI, ICAP, REAP and others)
- Basic understanding of zoning (how to identify zoning districts, height restrictions, setbacks and other factors)
Ideal candidate will have experience with, and an appreciation for, precision, accuracy, diligence and thoroughness that is essential for client service business.
Ackman-Ziff offers a competitive compensation structure and a full range of benefits.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job