WHO WE ARE:
NEWPORT is a privately held, owner-led real estate development firm based in Germany with operations in Switzerland and the US. We are a professional, dynamic team that thrives on developing superior projects that contribute to the built and natural environment and has a positive, lasting impact on its users. We believe that a high-performance team is key to achieving those objectives and we aim to attract exceptional talent to grow our team. We place high value in collaboration, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit and our culture is based on an ownership mindset. As an owner lead company, we have streamlined reporting processes, can make fast decisions and act accordingly to get things done.
WHAT WE OFFER:
You will become part of NEWPORT’s growing team and have the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting urban revitalization projects in Atlanta and the US. To date, Newport has acquired 48 buildings, totaling 800k SF of commercial properties, and four acres of land in the heart of the city. You will be involved with all aspects of the development process as our team works ambitiously and passionately every day on reviving one of Atlanta’s most historic neighborhoods.
RESPONSIBILTIES YOU HAVE:
- Primary point of contact between internal team and external parties to execute all asset management tasks
- Responsible for developing and executing leasing strategy incl. marketing, business-planning and reporting
- Regularly meet with Operations and Property management teams to develop and execute business plans
- Analyze property budgets and statements to identify and resolve potential issues and opportunities
- Support the development team through the conception and business planning of numerous assets to understand our place in the market and ensure a completive positioning
- Proactively work with marketing and leasing team in tenant pitches and lease negotiations. Underwrite potential leases and recommend adjustments to terms to meet financial targets
- Manage negotiation progress with tenants’ team and brokers, work with legal counsel to ensure leases are in conformance with our standards and approved business terms
- Develop strategies and protocols to transition and manage assets from completion, lease up and stabilization
- Participate in the preparation of regular lender and investor reports and reforecasts
- Support lender due diligence for the procurement of construction or permanent debt
- Closely work together with finance team on public funding topics (e.g. tax or historic credits etc.)
- Support the evaluation of the economic feasibility of projects and prepare corresponding financial models
- Oversee the portfolio property insurance, and construction policies and manage claims process
- Ensure payment of all taxes, work to reduce assessments and tax bills on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate leases with film partners to expand opportunities, negotiate, and execute agreements
- Coordinate leases with parking partners, review monthly reports, adjust rates, and coordinate for events
- Assist in the review of tenant designs, approvals, and construction from lease signature through occupancy
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, required. MBA or Graduate degree in Real Estate strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a sophisticated commercial real estate / investment environment
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills along with a proven track record of managing value add and repositioned asset, including successfully leasing up newly developed projects
- Ability to negotiate lease terms including concessions, incentives and CAM
- Entrepreneurial, confident and relationship-oriented personality
- Self-reliant, confident, relationship-oriented, enthusiastic personality
- Excellent problem solver with an innovative, results-driven, entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and experience with Argus
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with your availability and salary expectations.
We will review all candidates and be in touch.
- Capital Markets
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.