Link Industrial Properties
Regional Construction Manager – Fort Washington, PA OfficeCompany Overview:
Link Industrial Properties (“LINK”) is Blackstone’s US industrial real estate operating platform. LINK currently manages a national portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets totaling over 370 million square feet throughout the U.S. To review the Company’s latest news release and other corporate documents, please visit the Company’s website at
The Regional Construction Manager (RCM) will oversee and be responsible for construction activities related to new construction, tenant improvement renovations, and various capex projects. The RCM will work closely with the Construction Management team, Operations, Asset Managers, Accounting, and Investment Team throughout the construction/renovation of the project. The RCM will be responsible for ensuring quality deliverables, on-time and within budget. In addition, the RCM will bring to the table the latest in cost-saving applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in construction management, construction/building science, engineering or architecture and design
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial construction experience required
- Experience preferred in new construction, renovation/rehab, development, and industrial construction
- Experience with project management software, Yardi, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction
- Experience reviewing and identifying critical details from lease documentation
- Understanding of legal contracts, AIA documents, and other related construction draw forms
- Ability to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Understanding and management of the project bid process
- Must posses a highly developed acumen in problem solving, communication, organization, and business analytics
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Be the primary point of contact for Asset Managers, Contractors, 3rd party Construction Managers, and Property Managers for all project related issues
- Oversee all regional reporting for monthly cash forecasting
- Compile necessary information and documentation to execute the capital projects identified by the company to improve its assets
- Manage capital and tenant improvement projects from the planning phase through to completion including the reconciliation of all expenses, waivers, approvals, change orders, and move-in documentation within the company’s project database
- Travel as necessary to represent property ownership in pre-construction meetings, progress inspections, or upon tenant’s reasonable request
- Directly supervise, train, and provide leadership to Associate Construction Managers within one’s respective region
- Provide high-level expertise and support to Property Management team in finding creative solutions to unique property challenges & issues
Planning / Procurement Phase:
- Coordinate the procurement of a Geotechnical Investigation of the proposed site, if required
- Coordinate the procurement of other studies, reports, etc. deemed necessary for the preparation of the Specification Package
- Coordinate and compile the necessary specifications, drawings, budget and schedule to submit out for bid
- Assist in preparation of the Construction contract
- Review the design as it is developed by the successful team for compliance with RFP, budget, schedule and Owner’s needs and desires
- Monitor required local and state agency reviews and approvals
- Report regularly to the Asset Management team
- Review Applications for Payment
- Attend periodic on-site progress meetings to assess progress and general compliance with contract requirements
- Address requests for information generated by the Construction Team and field conditions that may impact program and aesthetic design
- Review submittals for compliance with the RFP, budget, schedule, and the lease
- Collect all closeout documentation for storage within project database
- Competitive base salary and discretionary annual bonus.
- Potential to earn equity participation based on exceptional performance.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.