Waterstone Property Group is seeking to hire a full-time Accounting Manager to become part of our expanding team. Candidates should have 5+ years experience in commercial real estate accounting or a related industry, and have outstanding communication, analytical and leadership skills. The Accounting Manager will assist in all aspects of accounting and financial tasks for the Accounting Department while providing support to colleagues in all other departments.
About Waterstone Properties:
Waterstone Properties Group is a real estate development company headquartered in Needham, Massachusetts with offices in Spartanburg, South Carolina and Rochester, New Hampshire. Our leadership team of real estate professionals brings deep hands-on experience and breadth of knowledge that translates into superior service, added value and effective long-term strategies for each of our assets.
Primarily located in Eastern United States, our portfolio includes office, residential, medical and warehousing/logistics facilities with a strong focus on mixed use and retail developments. With a portfolio of more than 300 national and local businesses, Waterstone prides itself on maintaining longstanding, collaborative relationships with our tenants and community partners.
With more than seven million square feet of existing space and an additional 3+ million square feet under development, Waterstone looks forward to continued growth and success through disciplined investment, deep local market knowledge and capitalizing on our team s expertise and visionary outlook for future real estate opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting including, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Manage three Property Accountants responsible for 50+ properties
- Provide monthly review of all P&L activity, bank reconciliations, loan balances, along with review of monthly accounting workbooks
- Oversee the CAM reconciliation process, working with the accountants and tenants to resolve disputes
- Support the budget process including review of recurring revenue, leasing assumptions, operating expenses and historical trends
- Support the Director of Accounting Operations in dealing with international accounting firms providing necessary documents to compile IFRS financial statements
- Oversee the sales reporting requirements of the portfolio including timely submission by tenants
- Enforce accounting regulations and recommending new procedures
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
- Researches areas of improvement within the Accounting Department to increase workflow
- Must possess Waterstone s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism
- Outstanding leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office and knowledge of Yardi
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant with IFRS experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in Commercial Real Estate
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
Apply for this job