Company Confidential – International Real Estate Private Equity Company
Level Associate or Vice President
Area Capital Raising
Location New York, NY
Reporting Relationship Partner and Chief Financial Officer
The Company is an international real estate investment firm.
The Company conducts itself with the highest regard for its constituent audiences: investors, employees, those who interact with its portfolio assets, and the ground on which those assets stand. Responsibility and consideration in investing are inherently part of the firm’s “do the right thing” philosophy and positively affect the bottom line. The firm’s culture is defined by its values: integrity, leadership, teamwork, stewardship, and excellence.
To support the firm’s continued success, the Company seeks to recruit a Professional in the area of Capital Raising. Capital Raising is directly managed by the senior leadership of the firm, and the Professional would support and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Professional will be responsible for managing the capital raising process with close mentorship from senior leadership. That responsibility will entail the collection, analysis and synthesis of information from inside and outside the firm to produce marketing materials to be used in the capital raising process. A high degree of organization and mental bandwidth is required to manage the process of marketing, raising and closing pools of capital with investors.
In addition to playing a direct role in establishing new sources of capital, the successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relations with existing investors. The highest level of professionalism and integrity are required to manage the Company’s clients, who are highly regarded, world-class investors.
The Company cultivates a relatively flat, meritocratic organizational structure, whereby entrepreneurial individuals are encouraged to challenge the status quo and push new ideas. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to operate on a lean team where their input and recommendations will have a meaningful impact.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include and not be limited to:
• Play a role in the execution of all capital raising initiatives, maintaining and managing the capital raising process;
• Responsible for producing high quality materials (including marketing presentations, PPM, DDQ, collateral material, documentation, due diligence data, etc.) by pulling together, analyzing and synthesizing information from inside and outside the firm;
• Maintain and update an understanding of the institutional investor landscape, market trends and opportunities and communicate such information;
• Act as liaison between the deal team and investors for co-investment opportunities, including the development and production of materials, tracking, communication, etc.;
• Maintain communication feedback loop with other teams in the firm;
• Manage third-party vendors such as legal counsel, placement agents, and marketing consultants;
• Preparing the Capital Raising team for investor meetings and tracking marketing activity with past, current and prospective investors, using the Company’s CRM (currently based in Salesforce) and other tools, diligently following-up on next steps.
• Overseeing the CRM database implementation and ongoing management;
• Monitor and develop a deep level of understanding of the Company’s investments and activity to competently represent the firm and report to investors;
• Work with internal teams to design and establish investor communication and reporting protocols;
• Assist with bi-annual investor conference event planning, including project management and production of materials for presentations;
• Manage certain levels of investor communication such as transaction announcements (new deals, add-ons, exits) and coordination of responses to investor requests;
• Participate in industry and pension plan conferences as well as other relevant events;
• Work with senior leadership and outside advisors to optimize and maintain the Company’s brand, including firmwide monitoring of consistent communication and use of design.
• Demonstrated fluency in real estate and the ability to clearly articulate the Company’s product offerings;
• Strong work ethic and high level of integrity;
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills with ability to work effectively across other functions;
• A service-oriented mindset with the ability to create and maintain good relationships with various types of investors;
• Exceptional executive presence; balance of technical and interpersonal skills;
• Creative and resourceful;
• Detail-oriented team player;
• Constructive, commercial, and possessing a can-do attitude.
- Business Development
- Capital Markets