Director of Construction
(Oversight of all Capital Improvements)
Ashcroft Capital is a national multifamily investment firm with over $750,000,000 of assets under management spread over 8,000 units and 21 properties. The firm is focused on acquiring large apartment communities in DFW and Central/North Florida. Ashcroft seeks to improve the quality of life at each community by implementing large scale value-add business plans. All acquired assets were built from the 1970’s to 2005 and have various budgeted capital improvement projects, ranging from $2 to $7M. Typical scopes include renovating each apartment unit, rebranding the asset, roof repair/replacement, parking lot repair/reseal, landscaping, exterior paint and residing, carport construction, etc.
Ashcroft Capital is seeking a full-time Director of Construction to oversee all capital expenditure projects and work alongside its third-party property management companies to streamline the construction process. The position requires a local DFW candidate.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Work with acquisitions team to create initial budget for capital expenditures.
- Oversee the selection of contractors and vendors during the initial bidding process.
- Develop achievable construction schedule and maintain associated costs to complete projects within timeframe and budget.
- Ensure each project is being performed with efficiency and quality in both the labor performed and quality of product delivered.
- Hold subcontractors accountable to our policies and procedures, quality standards, scheduling criteria, and scopes of work.
- Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects in a supervisory role.
- Increase ROI and add value by decreasing costs where possible by eliminating unnecessary capital projects or using more economic materials.
- Capitalize on economies of scale where possible in the portfolio. For example, the firm owns a large and growing portfolio in DFW. Where possible, order materials in bulk and contract large portfolio AIA agreements to reduce overhead, etc.
- Work with accounting department;
- On all billing and invoicing matters.
- To ensure the accuracy of a monthly capital expenditure tracking spreadsheet on each asset.
- To execute and optimize the construction draw process on multiple construction loans.
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to costs and project logistics.
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience and successful track record in multifamily real estate.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Strong quantitative abilities, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with leadership experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Based in DFW
- Able to travel to FL when necessary
Preferred Experience/ Qualifications:
- LEED, LEAN, AIA, EIT or PE, CHC and / or other related industry accreditations preferred.
- Work experience in the greater Dallas / Fort Worth area markets preferred.
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs (LIHTC, HOME, HUD, etc.)
- Excel, Resman, OneSite, experience.
- Project Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job