The successful candidate will be responsible for portfolio analytics, financial risk management, and high level market analysis for a 13+ billion dollar Commercial Mortgage Loan (CML) portfolio. The position is highly visible and is integral to Voya’s Real Estate Finance group (“REFG”) and requires coordinating and communicating with various groups within and outside Voya.
The Real Estate Risk Analyst will establish deep understanding of Voya’s CML portfolio and its underlying real estate collateral. The person will act as a strategic thought partner on issues facing the portfolio, will develop processes to monitor risk elements and performance contributors. The position will assist in market research and prepare macro CML market presentation for distributions to clients and top management. The successful candidate will also manage data accuracy, reporting tools, and overall portfolio analytics for Voya REFG team. Primary relationships include third-party service providers, other REFG teams, Voya IT, Portfolio Managers, Valuation Agents, multiple external clients and REFG Fund Administrators.
- Develop and track CML portfolio performance tools like dashboards, rating migrations, coverage changes, etc. to help senior management in performance and risk measurement
- Enhance and manage processes for early detection of potential problem loans and underlying real estate
- Work with senior CML management and constituents on ad-hoc portfolio analytics projects
- Assist in CML annual loan review process
- Coordinate with IT team to ensure timely data flow between different software and platforms involving CML data
- Ensure data accuracy by performing data validation processes periodically
- Provide ad-hoc reports and respond to survey requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate between service providers and Voya REFG teams to resolve any data anomalies
- Continuously watch for developments in real estate and overall US financial markets
- Assist in preparation of quarterly market updates highlighting Voya CML house views on market conditions
- 2 - 3 years of experience in commercial real estate finance or operations
- Experience in data management and reporting role
- Understanding of commercial real estate mortgages and basic accounting principles essential
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate or finance; Master’s degree welcome
- Excellent analytical, writing and interpersonal skills; attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and the ability to collaborate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel essential (especially pivot tables, lookups)
- Knowledge of Rockport (or other CML software) is desirable but not necessary
- Risk Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.