About the Company:
Sylvan Road Capital (SRC) is an asset management firm focused on single-family residential investments. As a pioneer of the emerging institutional asset class of single-family rental housing, SRC takes a value investment approach to the sector. SRC oversees the complete asset lifecycle from acquisition through exit, including portfolio and asset management, construction management and property management.
The Director will be responsible for further developing and building the underwriting vertical for Sylvan Road Capital. The Director will be responsible for managing a successful team of analysts and associates with the primary goals of: market analysis, asset identification, asset pricing/valuation, offering, negotiating and closing on single family residential investments (single assets and portfolios). Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, financial and capital planning, culture development, mentorship, and business development. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and COO to help refine and execute on the business plan. This position requires a high level of independent thinking, entrepreneurship, management and relationship building skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team that will utilize custom software and other resources to research, identify and underwrite single family real estate assets intended for either portfolio or individual acquisition/disposition
- Develop and implement strategies that will enable the organization to more efficiently offer on and acquire assets
- Utilize multiple data sources to perform macro and micro research to draw conclusions and make recommendations on high impact target locations
- Research, analyze and report on real estate markets and factors to evaluate future acquisition opportunities, including (but not limited to): pricing, rental rates, demographics, economic development, listing inventory, historical transactions, lease absorption rates, and economic/physical distress indicators
- Create, generate, analyze and present reporting on underwriting progress to Management
- Take responsibility for, and be measured by, both short term and long-term total returns (and return components – rent, value, accuracy, etc.) for all underwritten assets
- Various other underwriting related tasks, as directed by management
- BA/BS degree. MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in real estate, investment banking, private equity, consulting or related field (5+ years)
- Advanced skills in written and oral communications, and interpersonal relationship management
- Strong experience with financial modeling, business planning, budgeting/forecasting and performance metrics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new custom computer systems
- Ability to hold confidential all information that is proprietary to the management of Sylvan Road, subsidiaries, affiliates and investors
- Must have strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative, and market research skills
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines and multi-tasking
Compensation and Benefits Summary:
- Status – Full-time Exempt
- Salary – Base Salary and Bonus commensurate with experience and education
- Other Benefits – Comprehensive medical / dental / vision insurance; PTO; Paid holidays
- Reports to: Executive Director of Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Works With: Managing Broker, Acquisitions & Dispositions Team, Transaction Management Team, Finance and Accounting, Software Development, Buyer and Sellers of single-family assets and portfolios, Investors, Portfolio Managers
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal or State Law.
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.