Our client, a national, entrepreneurial, real estate investment/development firm seeks a talented development professional to join their Washington, DC team. With offices in several, prominent real estate markets, this firm continues to drive a successful and versatile, value creation investment strategy focused on distinguished, urban infill multifamily/mixed use ground up development, adaptive reuse and complex structured mezzanine debt/preferred equity projects in unique neighborhoods.
Reporting to the Senior Management, and playing an instrumental role in helping continue building this region's development presence, this individual will be charged with the following tasks/duties:
- Lead/assist in development proforma creation and refinement. Assist with project underwriting and financing efforts.
- Lead the entitlement and permitting of designated projects. Interface with architects, engineers, contractors, district officials, financial institutions and all others necessary for the implementation of design and construction.
- Assist with the negotiation of all relevant legal documentation.
- Provide input to the origination of development, construction, and design concepts during pre-development stages for future assigned projects.
- Establish criteria to measure short and long-term project progress; regularly evaluate results to ensure targets are met. Attend/conduct meetings with consultants, architects, engineers, and contractors to assist with completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, budgets, schedules, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports and variance analyses
- Monitor project construction activities relating to construction methodology as well as assist in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials/components.
- Monitor and review RFI and Submittal process.
- Assist with supervision and direction of special projects as required.
- Maintain all development files and keep current at all times.
- A BA/BS degree required with a concentration in Real Estate, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, and/or Architecture preferred. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven project experience having been exposed to several, if not all, phases of complex multifamily and/or mixed-use development projects. Exposure to class A multifamily product preferred.
- Previous experience and familiarity with DC-based authorities/municipalities and jurisdictions strongly preferred.
- Enthusiastic with a high degree of motivation and energy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to resolve difficult situations and conflict efficiently and professionally.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and to work under pressure.
- Self-confident individual with leadership abilities and accelerated growth potential.
- Ability to operate independently while also performing as a member of a team.
- Superior verbal and written skills.
COMPENSATION: Base salary along with competitive bonus incentive program
Apply for this job