About Tidewater Capital
Tidewater Capital invests in and develops real estate in the Bay Area for the collective prosperity of its partners and the communities in which we work. Through a value investment philosophy and authentic engagement, we create spaces that foster long-term positive impact while creating value for all of our stakeholders.
We are investors and operators with a geographic focus and expertise across product types -- office, residential, retail, and industrial. We focus on assets that can benefit from entitlement, development, renovation, repositioning, and/or improved management. We monitor market cycles to identify and execute compelling investment opportunities for our array of partners.
Tidewater currently manages an existing portfolio of fifteen real estate projects across the Bay Area, including four ground-up development projects. Tidewater’s investments are capitalized by discretionary private equity vehicles made up of a variety of partners, including university endowments, foundations, and family offices.
About the Opportunity
Tidewater Capital is seeking an Investments & Asset Management Analyst / Associate to help manage and grow Tidewater’s real estate portfolio in the San Francisco Bay Area. This person will serve as the asset management lead for a number of Tidewater’s existing investments as well as maintain responsibilities for sourcing and leading analysis and diligence on new
The Investments & Asset Management Analyst / Associate (title to be determined based on candidate experience & responsibility) will be based out of Tidewater Capital’s headquarters in San Francsico, CA.
On the investments side, the role primarily includes analysis of potential acquisitions, with a heavy emphasis on financial modeling using Microsoft Excel and ARGUS. The individual will be part of an open, collaborative, and flexible workplace, supporting and working directly with the acquisitions, development, asset management, and accounting functions of the team related to
all aspects of real estate investing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Underwriting potential acquisitions
• Preparing detailed financial analysis, including cash flow models and sensitivities
• Gathering market data and leading due diligence of acquisition targets
• Preparing internal- and external-facing investment memoranda for new acquisitions
• Interacting with lenders and investors in the process of procuring debt and equity
• Supporting execution and closing of investments and loans, including coordinating due diligence efforts
• Evaluating investment performance on existing assets
• Assisting in investor reporting and consolidated fund analysis
• Preparing additional analyses for business plan execution
Asset Management Responsibilities
The Analyst / Associate will serve as the asset manager for a number of Tidewater’s operating assets, overseeing all operations at the property including property management oversight, leasing oversight, tenant relations, and business plan development & execution. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Developing management, leasing and capital investment strategies as well as income/expense budgets for each asset assigned to the employee
• Creating and/or reviewing operating budgets and financials for assigned assets across various product types, verifying assumptions, understanding value drivers, and comparing performance to underwriting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Reviewing third party property valuations and/or preparing internal valuations for the assigned portfolio; Coordinating refinance and sales processes for designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and coordinating closing for existing portfolio investments
• Reporting to Equity Partners and Lenders by producing quarterly narratives and creating reports with operational and financial information. Providing future cash flow projections, updating business plans, comparing results to budget and underwriting and understanding deviations, while identifying opportunities to improve performance
• Review of Property Manager’s performance including the setting and monitoring of goals for revenue and expense management
• Development of leasing plans including outreach to tenants and brokers and oversight of third-party brokerage team
• Evaluating lease terms and proposing offer structures and subsequently negotiating lease agreements and ancillary contracts in collaboration with third party attorneys
• Oversee Property Manager’s preparation of annual statements and ongoing collection of rent & reimbursements (including preparation of CAM estimates & reconciliation)
• Coordinating minor capital projects such as small TIs and light renovations in collaboration with property managers, and larger capital projects in collaboration with Tidewater’s Construction Director and third-party general contractors
• BA/BS degree with a record of academic excellence.
• Results-driven professional with 2 – 5+ years of experience in the acquisition and asset management of commercial real estate assets or a related field.
• High level of business insight as it relates to marketing, leasing, property operations, accounting and reporting with the ability to understand and create financial statements, investment proformas, investment distribution waterfalls, as well as IRR and NPV calculations and analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, ARGUS, and Word.
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Highly organized and able to process multiple concurrent projects.
• Experience in managing and leading leasing and property management teams preferred.
• Strong real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
• Basic understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases, management agreements, joint venture agreements, construction contracts, and appraisals.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.