Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Vice President of Property Management, you will be responsible for spearheading the success of our growing organization’s biggest department. This role ensures efficient operations of the Property Management team and needs your expertise. Your role will involve evaluating workflows and procedures, integrating new systems and technologies, as well as implementing staff feedback for any department improvements. As Realty Income’s exceptional reputation is continually built by the people in our organization, the development of the Property Management team’s people and practices will be the chief focus of this role. You should have a track record of not only bringing in and motivating top talent but ensuring high-performance standards are met. With your strong understanding of customer relations and tenant relations, you should be able to train and showcase a strong financial management understanding and be able to lead all property management functions.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Lead a team of property managers and administrative personnel by diligently maintaining high standards of integrity and improving performance and professionalism of all Property Managers.
- Develop and strengthen department roles and encourage interaction between all members of the department to implement and follow best practices which results in high employee engagement and team efficiency.
- Ensure proper revenue and cost management through vendor contract review and expense controls for the maintenance, repairs, and landlord obligations of the portfolio properties.
- Expand and improve the effectiveness of the Property Management department
Tenant and Vendor Relations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all tenants and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to tenant’s needs and requests.
- Support company goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high lease renewal ratios.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and company policies and/or practices.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
- Identify and implement opportunities for increasing revenue potential, including proposing and justifying capital improvements to enhance the asset’s value, optimize return on investment, and promote long term financial growth for portfolio. Develop a comprehensive capital improvement schedule for each property, and portfolio-wide roof and pavement inspection/management plans.
- Accountable for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Prepare, review, and implement operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent years of experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years in commercial real estate, preferably for a publicly traded company.
- Strong leadership track record in commercial real estate, including property management, strategic planning, leasing, operations, and systems development.
- Hands-on experience with a large and/or complex real estate portfolio required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Expert communicator of complex issues to audiences of all levels.
- California Real Estate License and/or Certified Property Manager designation preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
More than 15 years