Rockwood Capital is seeking an Associate in our New York City office. The Associate will be an integral member of the Acquisitions and Asset Management Teams and will cover East Coast real estate investments, including office, retail, apartment, hotels, and land. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of applicable work experience and a passion for real estate investing. This position offers career growth and development and an opportunity to contribute to the overall success of Rockwood in a collaborative, team environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Acquisitions Team by underwriting new investments (equity and debt), including cash flow modeling, financing and joint venture structuring, and investment analyses (static proformas, IRRs, NPVs, sensitivity tables, etc.).
- Performing in depth market research and asset specific due diligence, preparing investment memorandums, and completing other tasks as needed.
- Supporting the Asset Management Team in maximizing the value of existing investments by executing and/or updating property specific business plans. Analysis may include conducting ongoing quantitative and qualitative analyses through lease analysis, debt structuring, hold/sell analysis, development modeling, etc.
- Tracking investment performance, preparing quarterly valuations, and writing quarterly narratives that summarize the performance of owned properties. Additionally, the Associate will prepare annual forecasts that project property performance and assist in budget review for each asset.
Skills & Competencies
- A demonstrable passion to pursue a career in the real estate investment field
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in commercial real estate
- Highly advanced excel modeling skills and understanding of complex financial concepts
- Experience using ARGUS is a must
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle short timelines and multiple priorities while working well in a team and independently
More About Rockwood Capital
Rockwood Capital is a real estate investment firm with offices in San Francisco, CA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA. Rockwood was founded in 1995 and provides debt and equity capital for core, core-plus, value-add and special situation real estate investment opportunities. Rockwood Capital manages $9.0 billion of real estate on behalf of over 90 public and private pension plans; endowments; foundations; insurance companies, and high net-worth families and individuals. For additional information, please visit: .
Please submit resume/cover letter to this site. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.