The client is a publicly traded REIT and is a holding company whose business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary. It is also an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. With approximately $32.8 billion of total assets under management, including over 2,200 properties, approximately 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States, the companies managed by the LLC collectively has nearly 50,000 employees.
Area Director Overview, NW Washington DC
Lead the DC region and team, in all aspects of property level management including managing internal reporting, assisting with leasing, and execution and refinement of client/owner investment strategy and operations. Additionally, the Area Director plays a primary role in coaching, mentoring and developing their direct reports to support success in their current role and ready them for future roles. The Region’s portfolio consists of 4.5M Sq Ft with 37 properties.
Strategy, Planning, and Operations:
- Develop and implement approved business plans annually.
- Administer and oversee daily property operations, capital projects and construction/tenant improvement work.
- Develop operating and capital budgets and related business plans and periodic projections. Prepare, as needed, various monthly and quarterly financial reports for Vice President.
- Develop focused remediation plans for underperforming assets.
- Complete and analyze all monthly/quarterly reporting packages.
- Oversee possible environmental risks.
- Oversee lease, vendor, and project management.
- Maintain corporate procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct periodic site visits for acquisition analysis, annual asset review, etc.
- Establish and maintain tenant relations and retention programs, and relationships with brokers and the real estate and general business community.
- Assist Asset Managers on leasing efforts with outside brokers.
- Assist Asset Management in the negotiation of rent re-sets, lease re-structuring, lease renewals, extensions and expansions.
- Resolve disputes with existing tenants.
- Ensure that tenant services are provided according to all lease documents.
- Maintain lease, vendor, and project files.
- Ensure all offices and staff members adhere to defined standards of professionalism providing exceptional client service.
- Establish marketing initiatives and tenant relations and retention programs that leverage branding.
- Select, manage and lead a distributed staff who oversee property management operations including Senior Property Managers, Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, Tenant Coordinators, Administrative staff and Building Engineers.
- Coach and mentor members of the property level management team, ensuring managers are effective at managing people at every level the organization.
- Support managers through management development and supervisory programs.
- Ensure effective onboarding and training plans for all new hires.
- Hire exceptional talent to meet current and future staffing needs.
- Work directly with Human Resources to ensure optimal employee performance.
- Maintain clear and consistent staff supervision protocol.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 10+years’ experience in commercial real estate particularly with a REIT: property management operations, leasing, development, property accounting.
- Real Estate Salesperson License shall be required within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to negotiate with tenants, brokers, attorneys and understand contractual obligations and language.
- Track record of being highly responsive to tenants and maintaining exceptional tenant satisfaction.
- Understanding of environmental issues and remediation techniques.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results driven environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication.
- Excellent command of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook; proficiency with Property Management/Accounting software (Yardi a plus).
- Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
- Excellent, analytical, critical thinking and decision-making capabilities.
- Effective and nimble problem-solving capability.
- Ability to build collaborative, productive teams both with internal and external groups.
- RPA, CPM, CCIM designations a plus.
If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.