ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
- Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary actions.
- Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
- Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership.
- Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
- Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
- Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and train building personnel
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
- Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment training.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel, and engineers.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors
- Develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts.
- May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
- Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Support the Property or Facility Manager with rehabilitation projects such as replacement of HVAC systems, installation of new roofs, plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems. Support Property or Facility Manager on all items listed below (1-10):
- Prepare and present feasibility studies.
- Prepare budget estimates.
- Prepare schedule and manage its progress.
- Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Prepare and expedite approval of all internal control documents
- Monitor the construction process to assure compliance with contract documents.
- Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
- Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts
- Perform final inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite corrective action
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Technical Proficiency
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 5+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
He/she needs to be part of Local 94 Union
o FP89 – Fire and Life Safety Director
o S12- City Wide Sprinkler System
o S13- City Wide Standpipe System
o F01- Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment
o Q01- COQ - Refrigeration Engineer
o G35- To Operate Air Compressor
o Knowledge & experience working with:
o Cooling Towers
o Pneumatic Systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Vocational/Technical training certificate
- Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
- Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
- Working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job