Longfellow Real Estate Partners acquires, develops and manages life science real estate for leading universities, institutions and companies. Our institutional capabilities and entrepreneurial vision enable us to deliver high quality projects while satisfying each tenant's unique requirements.
Longfellow is a collaborative and highly entrepreneurial organization. The firm has grown from a small start up to a 80+ person organization with over $2 billion in AUM. We pride ourselves on a shared work ethic and a focus on accomplishing collective objectives. Longfellow strives to develop deep and lasting relationships internally within our team and externally with our investors, clients and vendors through a shared vision and values.
Longfellow is experiencing considerable growth as we continue to expand our footprint on the East and West Coasts with existing operations in Boston, North Carolina, San Diego and San Francisco. Longfellow is currently investing on behalf of Longfellow Strategic Value Fund II, a $500 million perpetual-life vehicle. This fund is the second in a series with total commitments of $2 billion.
We are looking for a collaborative and entrepreneurial individual to join Longfellow in Boston, MA and envision considerable opportunity for advancement as our organization expands. Longfellow believes in developing talent and providing resources for health, wellness and quality of life.
Our clients are visionary institutions and companies pushing the boundaries of human knowledge. We approach our work in the same manner in order to serve them. We embrace the benefits of rapidly evolving technology and expect that our team will thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
We are seeking to hire an experienced candidate with a background in acquisitions or investment sales in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, great attention to detail and the highest level of integrity. Longfellow is a rapidly growing and collaborative organization. The ideal candidate will embrace the firm’s vision and values, be an enthusiastic team member, and thrive within the Longfellow environment.
This is a dynamic, hands-on role that will provide broad exposure to many facets of a fast-growing real estate development and management firm. As such, the position demands a dedicated individual with leadership skills, communication ability, facility with numbers, good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and solve problems.
- Work directly with the Investments team to evaluate and underwrite potential core, value-add and opportunistic real estate acquisitions and development opportunities on behalf of the firm
- Perform complex financial analyses, including development of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, and valuation models utilizing Argus and Excel
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related information
- Review and analyze investment offering materials, and gather and evaluate economic and market data
- Assist with preparation of investment memoranda to be presented to the firm’s Investment Committee and investors
- Assist in various ad hoc projects that arise
We are looking for a passionate team player with grit, high integrity and a honed attention to detail. In addition, we expect that your life outside of work is as important as your career and that you are driven to succeed in both.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of post-college experience in an acquisitions or investment sales role in commercial real estate
- Experience with office and industrial real estate is required; experience with lab a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Argus, and Word are required.
- Ability to perform complex financial analyses, including development of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, and valuation models utilizing Argus and Excel
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail; highly developed verbal and written communication skills are required, including business writing experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong work ethic, integrity and drive are essential candidate qualities. Candidate must also possess an enthusiastic attitude.
- Business Development
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job