FHA Production Analyst - Commercial Real Estate Finance
The FHA Production Analyst is responsible for managing the expectations of clients, screening, production managers, underwriters and closer throughout the loan process. Production analysts assist production managers in bringing in new business and managing that business throughout the loan process, internally and externally. This role requires the ability to multi task, respond under pressure and manage stringent deadlines.
***All inquiries about the position, please contact Maria Sather in Human Resources with NorthMarq Capital
**A completed application is required to be considered.
- Research FHA product line for internal discussions.
- Update NorthMarq production map and reconcile year end production reports.
- Inform Northmarq Producers of FHA guide changes to standard underwriting parameters.
- Assist with the drafting of weekly FHA update emails
- Monitor and update NorthMarq’s FHA marketing sheets
Structuring and Securing Loans:
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and distributing pricing indications provided by the various Ginnie Mae trading partners.
- Communicate with NorthMarq producers and/or clients to structure transaction and determine competitive financing solutions.
- Facilitate pre-screening for all potential FHA transactions.
- Contact NM producers and analysts to highlight additional data needed to finalize preliminary analysis.
- Update pricing in screening workbooks to determine proceeds at time of loan quote or application and provide pricing indications to NorthMarq Capital Finance staff and NorthMarq producers.
- Correspond with the screening group and Production Managers to evaluate and identify quality FHA transactions, generate term sheets, issue applications and manage client expectations.
- Manage responsiveness to due diligence requests during pre-screening, screening, underwriting and closing.
- Highlight deal points with underwriting to draft and issue loan commitments.
Process Management/Transaction and Client Advocacy:
- Prepare and distribute submission packages to initiate the screening process for each transaction.
- Review loan commitments and draft trade authorization.
- Scan executed loan applications, commitments, trade authorizations and deal correspondence into perspective and active loan files.
- Review loan documents (i.e. application, commitment) for markups/changes.
- Deliver application checks to underwriting and schedule internal and external kick off calls.
- Instruct NorthMarq producers to order title and survey as an executed application comes in.
- Initiate rate lock protocols at time of Rate Lock: confirm deposit and executed commitment, verify executed trade authorization and update indication with the Ginnie Mae trading partners.
- Verify trades and issue internal email confirmations.
- Draft and execute rate lock confirmation when a loan is rate locked. Upon completion, email the final version to the NorthMarq/borrower.
- Proactively obtain status reports on all deals in the prospective pipeline.
- Assist Production Managers in educating borrowers and NorthMarq Producers of the FHA loan process from screening to closing.
- Coordinate with closing to return application deposit and 3rd party reports when a deal dies in Underwriting.
- Update NorthMarq Capital Finance team on the pipeline call when Production Managers are out.
- Coordinate with production, underwriting and closing to update, PDF and distribute the weekly pipeline report.
- Assist the production managers with developing and administering various systematic approaches to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor Degree in business–related field (preferably Real Estate, Finance or Economics).
- Demonstrated analytical skills and underwriting related experience, preferably with commercial property types.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under-pressure.
- Customer service oriented, Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Ability to motivate others and provide positive direction when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years