ANALYST, FINANCE & ACQUISITIONS
The Dilweg Companies, Durham, NC
The Dilweg Companies (“TDC”) is a full-service commercial real estate firm located in the Raleigh/Durham area. We are currently seeking a Financial Associate to join our team.
The Analyst’s primary role is to support both the Acquisitions and Finance departments in the underwriting and quantitative analysis of potential acquisitions and the operations of existing assets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Acquisitions Group to value and underwrite potential acquisitions.
- Perform detailed underwriting of new acquisitions using Argus and Excel under the direction of the Director of Acquisitions
- Compile, review and understand all information (rent roll, T-12 statement, 3 years IS, parking revenue, historical cap ex, etc.) necessary to do thorough underwriting
- Prioritize the various underwriting tasks across multiple concurrent acquisition projects
- Be intimate with the underwriting to support acquisitions and capital markets in discussions with investors, lenders, brokers and Investment Committee members
- Reinforce our desire to grow acquisitions in everyday dealings with the business and local communities we serve
- Support the Finance Group in closing transactions and providing ongoing financial analysis.
- Maintain the underwriting models through the due diligence and closing process incorporating new information from Asset Enhancement and Capital Markets
- Support the transaction closing process and respond to due diligence requests from third parties; lead the Lender due diligence process including maintaining the due diligence website and third-party checklists
- Respond to requests from the Finance and Asset Enhancement groups to maintain Argus runs of our existing assets and conduct ad hoc financial analyses; be able to present results to stakeholders
Minimum Job Requirements
- A college degree in business, finance, economics, real estate or comparable field
- Two to four years of relevant real estate underwriting experience
- Demonstrated understanding of basic real estate financial concepts (for example IRR, NPV, DCF) and ability to perform real estate cash flow analyses from rent roll to Net Operating Income.
- Proficient and able to operate independently in ARGUS Enterprise and Microsoft Excel
Background check, drug testing required. Valid driver license required. Our company uses E-Verify.
Excellent salary and benefits package: health, dental and vision insurance (after waiting period), Simple IRA, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, accrued vacation and sick time; 9 paid holidays per year, 2 floating holidays, business travel insurance, employee assistance plan.
Resume is required.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job