Allianz Real Estate (“ARE”) is the captive investment and asset manager for real estate within the Allianz Group. With more than $72 billion of AUM, IPE has ranked ARE as the largest institutional real estate investor in the world. We develop and execute tailored investment strategies for the Allianz Group, focusing on direct and indirect equity globally and commercial real estate loans in Europe and the U.S.
Allianz Real Estate of America LLC (”AREoA”) is the U.S.-based hub for Allianz Real Estate. AREoA makes equity and debt investments in the top metropolitan areas in the U.S. and manages an existing portfolio of direct investments alongside joint venture partners, fund commitments and commercial mortgage loans, amounting to nearly $20 billion.
The candidate will work on direct acquisitions alongside joint venture partners, and fund investments, throughout the Americas on behalf of Allianz Group affiliates. The candidate will be closely involved in all phases of the deal process, including underwriting/analyzing transactions, preparing Investment Committee documents, site visits, due diligence, and crafting new strategy presentations. Travel will be required. This position will report directly to the Head of Acquisitions in the Americas.
- 8-12 years of commercial real estate advisory and/or real estate finance experience, with a minimum of 6 years of property underwriting and advanced financial modeling.
- Demonstrated US real estate commercial knowledge, and prior experience acquiring office assets in US gateway markets is strongly preferred. Logistics and multifamily is a plus.
- Established relationships with institutional owner/operators and key market intermediaries in East coast gateway markets. Experience in deal origination.
- Proven track record of negotiations with joint venture partner(s), purchase and sale agreements, and investment structuring.
- Understanding of complex investment structures and subsequent tax implications. FIRPTA structuring familiarity is a plus.
- Proven ability to represent an institutional investor in relation to market participants.
- Experience managing institutional investment process across various internal and external groups. Familiarity with working within a global organization is a plus.
- Past experience managing / mentoring / training junior investment team member(s).
- Highly proficient in ARGUS Enterprise and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication, writing, presentation and time management skills.
- Strong integrity and professionalism
- Attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Desire and ability to multi-task and work within an entrepreneurial, small-team work environment.
- Four-year degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job