Sterling is currently seeking a retail property manager to manage multiple retail shopping centers owned by the company. The individual will be based out of Rockville, MD and will initially be responsible and accountable for the overall management of owned assets, comprising of approximately 1,000,000 square feet in the following MSAs: Washington, D.C., New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Las Vegas.
• Maintaining effective cost control
• Directing and assisting in billing and collection of all monies, rents and charges
• Ensuring compliance with lease obligations
• Budgeting, analyzing and forecasting of property expenses, including capital expenditures
• Managing accurate record keeping and reporting of all data for properties, tenants and vendors
• Obtaining bids from, negotiating with, and supervising outside vendors
• Overseeing the condition of, and implementing programs for, property maintenance
• Overseeing maintenance personnel at the properties
• Coordinating with other departments (e.g. acquisitions, dispositions, construction, accounting, finance and legal) in relation to property management functions.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior involvement in the management of retail real estate assets
• Prior involvement in the management of Condo Associations
• Sufficient knowledge of the shopping center industry
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (familiarity with Yardi is a plus)
Salary to be negotiated. Benefits include medical, dental and 401(k).
- Facilities Management
2+ to 5 years