Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Lease Administrator, Rent Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring timely collection of rental income. You will have cross departmental exposure, providing support to Lease Administration, Asset Management, Real Estate Operations and Finance/Accounting departments on rental income and collection matters. Working predominantly in our property management software, your ability to manage multiple priorities, and eagerness to acquire new skills will be fundamental to your growth and overall success!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate collections of all aspects of rental income.
- Calculate rental increases based upon set percentage increase, the change in the consumer price index or increase in gross sales. Calculate percentage rent based upon reported sales.
- Appropriately bills tenants additional rental (to include late charges and interest) as needed due to tenant's delinquent payment and lease hold over status.
- Maintain accurate tenant ledger records; proper notification of changes to other department personnel.
- Point-of-contact for rental payments.
- Professional, effective communications with tenant for timely payment compliance and follow-up.
- Provide status updates to Leasing and Dispositions as to collections efforts.
- Clear and accurate in-house communication upon request.
- Timely completion of legal checklists; verification of rental amounts for property dispositions; provide relevant input for property releases.
- Timely collection and accurate input of tenant's financial statements to accurately calculate percentage rent.
- Timely completion of audited monthly administration checklists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Zero to two years work experience.
- Ability to identify information to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate, multiple sources and use skillful questioning to abstract the information. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Carefully weighs the job responsibilities priorities. Can function effectively under pressure.
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills; ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and management.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive, working relationships.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, YARDI and Internet.
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years