Purpose of Job:
The Analyst provides financial analysis and technical support in valuing assets and evaluating asset and portfolio returns, financing alternatives, and partnership return analysis for commercial real estate acquisition or finance candidates.
- Prepare detailed real estate financial analyses, assist with financial modeling and develop models to compare alternative investments or scenario comparisons.
- Research market information to incorporate prudent modeling assumptions. Assist in market underwriting.
- Coordinate, compile, review and summarize property-related due diligence materials. Work with brokers and principals on issues related to asset due diligence. Coordinate with appraisers and other due diligence vendors as required.
- Assist in supplying information for co-investment partners to include the preparation of pro-forma financials. Assist in the underwriting, formation and structuring of co-investment relationships and investment structures with third parties.
- Assist Capital Markets group, as requested, with debt financing packages, investment pro-formas, lender due diligence, investments in public or private REIT stocks or mergers, and assist with preparation for Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Assist Portfolio and Asset Management as needed with transition of assets upon closing.
- Maintain and input submissions information and provides regular reporting.
- Provide assistance as needed with preparation of cash flows, analysis and construction budgets.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Provide secondary support to the Development and Capital Markets departments as required. May also support other departments with various projects related to Asset Management, Portfolio Management, and Dispositions.
- Assist with the preparation and writing of executive summaries, investment briefs, and memos related to potential investments
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 1+ years of commercial real estate industry work experience or related graduate degree in lieu of experience.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts with time value of money.
- Ability to travel. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years