Source, locate and create value through 1) the acquisition of hotel assets, and 2) the development of Commonwealth Lodging’s third-party management and receivership business. Efficiently, effectively, and professionally lead transactions from sourcing through closing. Review potential acquisitions to ensure they are a good fit for our brand strategically and financially. Manage acquisition team to include analyst(s), admin personnel, and third party consultants. Build and develop strong relationships within multiple facets of the industry including owners, lenders, brokers and investors. With support of the team, prepare investment memorandum and present to the investment committee for approval.
- Develop “acquisition plan”.
- Generate deal flow through both brokered and off-market sources.
- Maintain and develop a strong network of contacts throughout the hospitality industry.
- Lead negotiations of transaction related agreements including purchase and sale, loan documents, franchise agreements, leases etc.
- Build internal consensus and present opportunities to the internal investment committee.
- Work with the operations team to solicit input for both underwriting, ongoing asset management including: Revenue Management, Operations, Sales & Marketing, HR, and Finance.
- Build company brand and grow existing relationships with innovative ideas.
- Identify and establish relationships with owners/operators who could benefit from Commonwealth Lodging’s management expertise.
- Effectively market the services of Commonwealth Lodging to the appropriate potential clients.
- Manage acquisition team and run pipeline meetings.
- Established network within the industry
- Owner’s mentality
- Financial acumen
- Five or more years acquisitions experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Capital Markets
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.