transactions and valuation analyst
Are you looking for a career opportunity within a global, growing real estate company?
Then you might be our next transactions and valuation analyst.
Akelius is seeking an experienced and detail oriented transactions and valuation analyst to support the local portfolio.
The transactions and valuation analyst assists in the evaluation and sourcing of on and off-market investment opportunities.
This role partners closely with other company stakeholders during the acquisition process, including the asset management and capital management teams.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and is able to prioritize and meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- perform fact based market and competitor research to support and communicate investment thesis
- tour potential acquisitions and competing properties
- underwrite potential multi-family acquisitions
- assist the due-diligence and acquisition process, to include the scheduling of third party consultants
- produce capital budgets utilizing in-house construction team and third party reports
- develop and maintain relationships with industry stakeholders to maintain acquisition pipeline
- monitor historical property offerings and sale transactions
- review and evaluate investment offerings from investment sale brokers, asset managers and owners
- perform financial analysis of property, tenants and market including rent and sales comps
- organize scheduling of third party consultants and experts
- support management in negotiation of transactions, including providing advice
- bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or related field
- three plus years of related work experience coordinating, presenting, and applying general professional concepts for financial analysis which include NPV, IRR, cash flow, leasing, ratio analysis, and P&L analysis
- proficiency with financial modeling including DCF, waterfalls, internal rates of return, and cash on cash returns
- strong excel modeling skills and the ability to handle large data sets
- excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously when needed
how to apply
Apply with a copy of your resume.
Akelius acquires, upgrades, manages residential properties.
Akelius owns 45,000 rental apartments in Boston, New York, Washington, Montreal, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Malmo, Stockholm.
Read more at
Akelius is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.