The College of Business at Florida State University is seeking to hire an Executive Director (i.e., Director) for the FSU Real Estate Center (i.e., the Center). The Center’s mission is to support the Real Estate Program (i.e., the Program) at FSU by expanding student learning experiences and opportunities, engaging its professional and academic constituencies to continue to raise its national stature, and supporting the Program’s team of distinguished faculty scholars.
The Director has primary responsibility for maintaining and improving the Center’s professional relationships and activities. These include the planning and operational management of the Center’s conferences, forums, and industry-related events; its administrative and financial support of students in the Program; its support of faculty initiatives; its communications with alumni & friends, executive board members, program partners, sponsors, and prospective employers; and the day-to-day oversight of the Center’s staff.
The Director works closely with the College of Business Dean and the FSU Foundation on the implementation of revenue generating and fundraising activities, including the cultivation of major gifts. These activities are critical to the overall support, success and stature of the Real Estate Program at Florida State University.
- Chief strategist in developing, implementing, overseeing, and coordinating the objectives, strategic goals, and activities of the FSU Real Estate Center (REC). Acts as the chief liaison to industry, incorporating feedback from the Center’s executive board, its professional constituencies, and the program faculty. Manages the REC Executive Board. This includes managing board communications and meetings, identifying and cultivating new members, assisting the board subcommittees, and reporting to the board at its annual meeting. Ensures compliance with University and State of Florida regulations.
- Responsible for providing the framework and guidance for the center's professional events and activities (e.g. annual TRENDS conference, the FSU-Kislak market strategy forums, the Evan Jennings Distinguished Speaker Series, forums and speaker series, including the Real Deals & Entrepreneurs Series). Responsible for coordinating the Center’s financial support of students in the real estate program and financial support of the activities of the FSU Real Estate Society (i.e., administrative and funding assistance for student participation and travel to professional events, corporate tours, competitions, and their involvement in events of the Center). Responsible for overseeing the Center's student support activities. Directs the Center's program manager in the awarding of fellowships, travel grants and other student assistance.
- Primary liaison between Program’s students and faculty and external constituencies (industry leaders, professional organizations, etc.) to articulate the successes, activities, and objectives of the Program and Center, its faculty and its students to a wide range of audiences, academic and professional. Works with the College’s PR & marketing teams to develop branding to create awareness and stimulate gift activity. Assures that the FSU REC brand, mission, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Serves as a member of the College’s team to develop and execute fundraising plans that enhance student, faculty, Program and Center resources. This includes participating in planning meetings of the College’s development staff, as appropriate. Serves as the face of the Real Estate Center and primary liaison to the College, the FSU Foundation, the FSU Alumni Association and their teams to develop, promote, and execute fundraising strategies.
- Work to inspire and foster loyalty among alumni, friends, sponsors, and donors, and to communicate the unique role the Center and Program play in shaping the next generation. This includes being able to handle communications and activities designed to express appreciation, provide recognition, or convey the impact of generous contributions.
- General Management and C-Suite
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.