Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Project Coordinator, you willbe aiding the team to manage and track all development and redevelopment projects from acquisition/commencement through close-out. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include reviewing pay applications, abstracting lease and development agreements, gathering necessary documentation, tracking key dates and costs of construction, and processing invoices. You will act as an advocate for our Development team, as you communicate important project details to various internal departments, as well as provide direction to external developers, brokers, general contractors, and tenants.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Project Administration – review general contractor/consultant contracts, invoices and pay applications. Reconcile actual costs and timing to development budgets
- Monitor various account balances and communicate adjustments internally and externally
- Follow up with developers, brokers, general contractors, and tenants on progress of development projects
- Function successfully across internal departments to ensure a coordinated effort on behalf of the company
- Track and document critical tasks and dates, project status and progress, contacts, correspondence and project details for multiple projects
- Review and submit draw requests in Yardi in conjunction with development projects. Communicate status and updates to all related parties
- Coordinate construction site monitoring and any other necessary due diligence efforts, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation
- Extract lease requirements and development agreement terms for critical dates and terms related to developments projects. Track critical dates and alert appropriate parties
- Manage close-out of development files, including gathering all final documents needed to complete final funding
- Communicate with tenants, developers, general contractors, brokers, and other third parties, as appropriate, to ensure development lease provisions are strictly adhered to and fully implemented
- Resolve challenges that may come up during the development process effectively and efficiently
- Schedule calls and provide agendas for internal and external meetings
- Maintain development files in a current and orderly fashion
- Document internal processes and procedures
- Request Certificates of Insurance (COIs) from developers, general contractors, and review against contract requirements. Request COIs from tenants and send to legal for review
- Assist in acquiring all documentation in order to adhere to contract terms
- Ensure all required close out documentation is uploaded to SharePoint in a timely and organized fashion
- Assist with preparation for conferences, meetings, etc., as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- B.S. or B.A. from nationally established institution
- 2+ years of experience in commercial real estate, with a strong preference in construction management and/or owner side of real estate development
- Knowledge of title and legal documents including Leases, Development Agreements, Project Management Agreements, PSAs, REAs, CCRs, ALTA Land surveys, zoning
- Self-motivated with the ability to execute in ambiguous situations, take initiative without explicit instructions, use resources effectively
- Highly organized, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment. Demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrate utmost attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish rapport with various professionals via phone and e-mail
- Solid grasp of quantitative data
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Existing knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, Yardi software
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies; Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.