The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of multiple commercial office buildings. This includes collecting rent, managing tenant requests, reviewing and coding all invoices, inputting lease information for new tenants and vendors, and other duties assigned by the Property Manager.
- Assist Property Manager with obtaining supplier and contractor quotations.
- Review and reconcile tenant rent and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges;
- Tour vacant space and promote leasing activity.
- Accounting process which may include, but not be limited to, researching invoices, coding invoices, reviewing A/R and A/P reports, and assisting in the collection of rents;
- Ensure that property files and records are properly maintained;
- Ensure Tenants are abiding by Lease covenants;
- Provide administrative support and coordination to Property Manager;
- Accounts Receivable - collecting arrears, recording collections, and ensuring timely rental payments including reconciliation of accounts as needed;
- Input accurate data of lease administration information for new tenants, renewals, etc., and issue welcome packages/handbooks to new tenants;
- Liaise with tenants for accounting and accounts receivable matters including rent and insurance certificates collection;
- Assist in preparation of year-end reconciliations and annual rental advice letters;
- Review and print related monthly reports and ensure accuracy of Rent Roll/Rent Up;
- Accounts Payable – review and code all invoices and process bank deposits;
- Handle general day-to-day inquiries and concerns from tenants and keep all tenancy information up-to-date.
- Maintain current insurance certificates for tenants and vendors pursuant to lease/contract requirements.
- Coordinate and execute marketing programs and promotions for properties.
- Maintain filing systems for AR, AP, contracts, insurance certificates, tenant information, etc.
- General office / administrative duties as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned from time to time.
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in property management field.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- Be willing to travel to sites as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with owners, tenants and team members.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Professional phone manner.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and achieve quality results.
- Proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- Solid computer skills including intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of ResMan is a plus.
Only local applicants will be considered for employment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.