Director: Capital Markets & Loan Restructurings
New York, NY
About The Company
Lotus Capital Partners (“Lotus”) is a New York based real estate capital advisor focused on commercial real estate finance. Our focus is on (i) arranging real estate debt and structured capital that is custom-tailored to meet our clients’ real estate needs, and, (ii) providing advisory services to real estate owners requiring loan restructuring or workout solutions with their existing lenders. Our approach combines a deep appreciation for our clients’ real estate capital requirements, entrepreneurial thinking, and most importantly, an unwavering dedication to those we serve.
Founded in 2016, Lotus has quickly become one of the fastest growing capital advisory firms in the United States. The Lotus team has arranged capital mandates across two continents, resulting in numerous record-breaking achievements with regard to lending terms. Lotus’ closed deals are among the highest profile financings in their respective regions, including a $400 million construction loan in Boca Raton that won the 2018 REFI Multifamily “Deal of the Year” award, and a $237 million condo-inventory loan in London that won PIE’s “Refinancing of the Year” at the European Property Awards. The firm’s innovative capital solutions and depth of capital markets relationships derive from decades of placement and loan restructuring by senior management.
Lotus is seeking a Director of Capital Markets to lead the execution of its Debt Placement and Loan Restructuring businesses. The candidate will work closely with the Managing Partner and a supporting team to originate and close (1) senior debt, mezzanine debt, and equity financing mandates on large and complex capitalizations, and, (2) execute loan restructuring mandates. The ideal candidate will possess a proven underwriting, analytical, and transaction management track record. The role will require daily interaction with owners of real estate with financing or restructuring needs, and, the capital markets where those deals will be placed or restructured.
The candidate will be part of a small, focused team and remain involved in nearly all aspects of a transaction from origination to closing. The ideal candidate should enjoy chasing new business - particularly the thrill of big game hunting, excel as a strong “advocate”, know how to tell a story, have a firm grip on underwriting large-complex deals and presenting creative structuring solutions, be comfortable working hand-in-hand with C-suite borrowers and capital markets leaders, and ultimately, enjoy closing deals in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
- Work alongside the Managing Partner to secure Financing and Restructuring mandates
- Participate across the entire arc of the deal winning process including client identification, outreach, underwriting, analytics, drafting presentation materials, relationship building and winning
- Serve as company lead in running large structured deals including maintaining responsibility over the underwriting, placement, and overall transaction management process
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team members
- Be the face of the deal and the firm within the capital markets industry
- Be the deal point person for borrower clients, many of whom are C-suite level executives and require a trusted advisor
- Conduct preliminary underwriting analysis and pre-screening of transactions to support the deal team in establishing an early view.
- Move quickly to underwrite new opportunities, value real estate, and present actionable capital markets solutions to prospective clients
- Prepare and present materials to prospective capital sources, including teaser transaction summaries and offering memoranda
- Participate and often lead in term sheet, forbearance agreement, and loan documentation negotiations
- Participate heavily in the transaction management process including addressing lender / servicer concerns, communications with the client, prospective capital sources, CMBS servicers etc.
- Support the Managing Partner in general group wide initiatives such as building new business arms, including a Co-GP investment vehicle currently in coordination at Lotus
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA with a concentration in real estate is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in the CRE Debt and Equity marketplace, preferably at an investment bank, buyside firm, or capital placement advisory firm
- Strong real estate, underwriting, and valuation experience of major assets classes
- Established record in structuring and closing transitional loans; experience in development debt is strongly preferred
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and an ability to move quickly and work efficiently while processing large amounts of critical information across multiple deals / deadlines (“80/20 rule”)
- Existing relationships with lenders, CMBS special servicers, and equity sources is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, quantitative, writing, and organizational skills with a proven ability to communicate ideas and solutions to decision makers (i.e. clients, top-level executives, investment committee, etc.); be a strong advocate
- Self-motivated professional able to lead an experienced and dynamic support team
- Keen to be part of an expanding platform
- Competitive pay structure
- Healthcare / Benefits (401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
Lotus provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Capital Markets
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.