Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP is seeking a Land Use Planning Coordinator to be based in the Firm's Stamford office. Under the direction of the attorneys in the land use and zoning group, the Planning Coordinator will coordinate and manage planning, organization, and execution of land use permitting work for development projects to ensure that project objectives are accomplished.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities include reviewing project proposals and plans to determine time frames, and resources required for various phases of projects.
- Coordinate with internal firm staff and outside vendors on work plan; develop electronic project schedules using Gantt charts or other appropriate programs and maintain calendars for all development projects.
- Coordinate project activities and personnel as appropriate to ensure project progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Coordinate and assist with land use application preparation and submission, including preparing and updating intake checklists, preparing zoning matter team contact sheets, preparing application components, overseeing entry of relevant dates on zoning calendar, monitoring zoning calendar to assure statutory and regulatory deadlines are met, and manage public and abutter legal notice requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with administrative and statutory requirements.
- Correspond and coordinate with various state, city and town offices, board and agencies, consultants and clients; deliver relevant documents as required.
- Coordinate with project team and assist with preparation for, and as needed, attend, zoning and other types of administrative hearings as necessary; follow-up with post-approval requirements.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve processes and systems for managing development and land use projects.
- Timely, appropriately, and confidently communicate with clients, outside consultants, municipal officials and other support staff, as necessary regarding land use matters, including under deadline situations.
- Record and release hours worked as requested in Firm timekeeping system for appropriate billing to clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a project management or project coordinator role. Real estate construction or development project management experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong technical proficiencies including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and video conference platforms.Strong skills in work organization and team coordination.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Commitment to professional presentation in internal and public interactions as a representative of the firm.
- Flexible and able to work overtime, as needed. Ability to work well in a team--both in person and remotely.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various Connecticut municipalities throughout the day expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401(k) profit sharing plan.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.