When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
*Position level (Construction Manager or Senior Construction Manager) will depend on candidate qualifications and experience.
As a (Senior) Construction Manager at Hines, you will act as the Owner's representative and manage all activities associated with the construction of a base building and/or interior improvements while adhering to the project schedule, budget, lender and/or ownership (partner) requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and facilitate general construction activities
- Assist in preparation of project budget and capital improvement project projections
- Interface with Hines Conceptual Construction group and assist in drawing and specification preparation as well as review pricing and consultant/construction contracts
- Manage and develop Assistant Construction Managers as needed
- Monitor and review contractors' work as it relates to budget, schedule and owner's program
- Direct activities of architects/engineers
- Prepare construction updates for the development group and/or ownership
- Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budget updates, change order reports
- Review working drawings
- Administer change order procedures and contractor progress payments
- Maintain and monitor the progress of punch lists
- Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction
- Assist Owner and/or tenants in space planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimating, construction contracts and cost monitoring
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in construction science, engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Five or more years general contractor or construction related experience with two of the years being in a management role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes
- Demonstrate strong initiative and excellent communication skills
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff and contractors
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 225 cities in 25 countries. Hines has approximately $144.1 billion of assets under management, including $75.5 billion for which Hines serves as investment manager, including non- real estate assets, and $68.6 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,426 properties, totaling over 472 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.