Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The individual will use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education and experience to assist in the acquisition of new real estate investments and the recapitalization of an existing affordable multi-family rental portfolio; and take on other tasks and projects related to the real estate development processes.
• Review and analyze development and operating budgets and pro formas, financial statements, environmental reports, market studies, appraisals and other third-party reports to help determine project feasibility.
• Compile detailed financing applications for various funding programs such as LIHTC, Tax-exempt Mortgage Revenue Bond, HOME, AHP and similar programs.
• Perform and coordinate full transaction due diligence and closing functions.
• Interact with equity, title, lender, legal, construction, property management and third-party vendors to ensure timely and efficient closing of transactions.
• Compile data and prepare New Property Information Forms and Developer Memorandums incorporating applicable business terms and Development Team descriptions for corporate files
• Coordinate the formation of new limited partnerships and limited liability companies with legal; obtain associated Resolutions, Employer Identification and DUN’s numbers; and structure purchase and sale agreements.
• Review and analyze preliminary title reports, project surveys, and local jurisdiction’s entitlement and permitting processes to determine project feasibility.
• Make presentations to city councils, county boards and project residents; respond to comments and questions as appropriate.
• Engage with diverse community stakeholders for constructive dialogue; prepare and deliver development presentations to residents and community stakeholders; moderate community conversations with assistance.
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years relevant acquisitions/underwriting/financing/closing/active real estate development experience required.
• Experience with affordable housing finance and commercial real estate finance a plus.
• USDA Rural Housing experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree (Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Law) or equivalent experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently with minimal guidance; and collaboratively in a team environment
• Must be detailed oriented, able to prioritize, meet tight deadlines, and have an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
• Strong organizational abilities; and excellent written and verbal skills.
• Intermediate to Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Programs.
Primarily an office environment, however must be able to travel locally or on overnight business trips if required. Will need to be flexible and work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.