Founded in 1993, DivcoWest is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC and New York City. Known for our long-standing relationships and track record of success in markets where innovation thrives, we combine entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to deliver value-add solutions to the world’s most innovative companies.
DivcoWest aims to create environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance the health, happiness, and well-being of all people. A disciplined code of ethics is at the core of all that we do. We value our partners and our people and believe that the collective energy of a diverse team is what drives our creative ideas and solutions.
The Capital Strategies & Formation Associate will support all aspects of fundraising and investor relations as well as portfolio management, with key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Serve as a key contact for information request from clients, including limited partners, consultants and prospective relationships and collaborate with the Fund Reporting team to manage the list of outstanding investor inquires, requests and other follow-ups, ensuring timely responses
- Lead creation, production and maintenance of marketing materials for prospective and existing relationships including pitch books, asset and portfolio updates and case studies, tear sheets, private placement memorandums and other ad hoc requests
- Develop ideas to identify and track prospective relationships and create strategies for cultivating new relationships
- Participate, assist to organize and attend meetings with limited partners locally, domestically and aboard
- Aggregate data from various internal groups to assist to (i) prepare due diligence questionnaires (DDQ) as well as requests for proposals (RFP) and (ii) oversee timeline, team involvement and ensure on-time completion and distribution
- Coordinate and oversee approval process for all marketing materials through firm’s compliance program and act as a liaison with Corporate Counsel/CCO, Asset Management and Acquisitions to incorporate accurate data
- Oversee maintenance of master DDQ and RFP questions database
- Collect data, create and maintain comparison summaries for competitive market terms and assist in creation of client-specific proposals, presentations and terms sheets for prospective client accounts
- Support fundraising activity by overseeing tracking of investors, internal update reports as well as maintenance and organization of the firm’s internal CRM system including logging all investor calls, meetings and relevant investor updates and ensuring that all updates and follow-ups are properly tracked
- Oversee execution of investor visits, agendas and meeting materials for local and meetings on the road
- Assist with strategic firm initiatives, research projects and other miscellaneous projects as well as draft presentations and memorandums for senior management
- Utilize Excel to gather and synthesize deal information on portfolio or prospective assets to create responses to clients’ questions, pipeline summaries and case studies
- Develop knowledge of real estate products, industry and market trends and regulatory requirements
- Work with Business Intelligence to create ways to further analyze portfolio trends and assist with quarterly reporting requirements
- 4 to 7 years of experience in capital raising, investor relations, private placements, acquisitions, asset management, investment banking or consulting
- Undergraduate degree is required with a track record of strong academic performance
- Experience in and passion for real estate/ real estate private equity industry preferred, with a willingness to learn deal structures and markets
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and strong work ethic; creativity and entrepreneurial spirit with the confidence to ask questions and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with curiosity and a strong willingness to learn
- Employ outstanding analytical and organizational skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a high-pressure and time-critical environment
- Possess a high level of experience in PowerPoint and Excel as well as excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Detailed oriented and maintains exceptional organizational, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to process and convey information with key attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with strong interpersonal skills with both local and remotely based team members and demonstrate ability to be part of a dynamic team
- Willingness to travel regularly
DivcoWest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Please review our company Priviacy Policy in regards to the use of any personal information you provide us at:
- Investor Relations
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.