As the Senior Analyst, Real Estate Asset Management, West region, you will be generally responsible for providing underwriting, financial analysis and reporting to support and help maximize value of a regional real estate portfolio. You will support one or more regional Asset Managers and report directly into a Director, Asset Management. Manulife Investment Management manages approximately 25 million square feet of direct real estate assets in the U.S. on behalf of both Manulife’s general account and third-party funds and accounts. Our West region includes a mix of office, industrial, and multi-family properties. Geographic focus will primarily be markets within the San Diego and greater Los Angeles markets.
Provide financial analysis and support for asset-level decision-making and transactions.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and reporting across the US portfolio, delivering forward-thinking analysis to support decision-making and strategy.
- Conduct and/or support analysis for evaluation of leasing opportunities, capital projects, and tenant credit. Analysis will typically be for assets situated within the Northwest and greater Los Angeles regions but may also include other US regions. Develop and present findings for Senior Management and Portfolio Managers as required.
- Play an integral role in identifying market trends and extracting insights for the regional portfolio, contributing to market commentary produced by regional Asset Managers. Present and review with Senior Management and Portfolio Managers as required.
Support asset-level business plans and valuation models.
- Support Asset Manager coordination, production and presentation of annual business plans to Senior Management and Portfolio Managers.
- Develop and maintain quarterly Argus models and support hold vs. sell analyses conducted by regional Asset Managers. Undertake model audits, quality assurance reviews, and support best practices compliance.
- Assist in coordination of property management teams, leasing teams/agents, project managers, development managers and other stakeholders to execute business plans. As appropriate, participate in negotiation of leases and third-party contracts.
- Coordinate appraisal review and commentary by regional Asset Managers and conduct variance analysis to external appraisals.
Support asset-level financial operations and reporting.
- Review and selectively audit asset-level financial reporting submitted from Property Managers, including capital commitment forecasts, expense recovery calculations, and funding projections. Oversee timeliness of Yardi financial and accounting information submitted from Property Managers.
- Review and validate Yardi quarterly financials/operating statements and variance reports. Understand cash flow requirements and distribution analysis.
- Support ongoing loan compliance and credit/security monitoring activities.
- Evaluate and recommend how to achieve maximum utility and efficiencies from existing and/or potential technology tools and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or real estate management required.
- Minimum five years of experience, with minimum three years of experience as an analyst within the real estate industry.
- Network of industry contacts (investment and leasing brokers, investment manager competitors, investment bankers, institutional and non-institutional landlords).
- Strong knowledge of real estate investment, asset management, accounting and administration concepts. Experience working with real estate funds a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise. Experience with real estate accounting systems required, experience with Yardi a plus.
- Ability to work as a team player and to develop strong working relationships across various groups and locations.
- Excellent influencing, verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management and external clients.
- Solid organizational, time management and priority setting skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative) and risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Ability to develop investment strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve investment objectives.
- Ability to draw conclusions and prepare written findings and presentations. Ability to evaluate and determine property valuations and asset performance under a variety of scenarios.
- Focused and self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the rest of the organization.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.