With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
As an Associate Director of Real Estate, you will drive supply growth by working with your local Real Estate team (Director, General Manager) to identify top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities for Sonder, negotiate leases, manage deal closings, and asset manage the properties in Sonder’s portfolio. Your primary role is to sell Sonder to developers and multifamily owners to sign as many units as possible in Boston.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Attract top of funnel opportunities that include current and/or potential hotels and multi-family assets.
- Sell Sonder to developers and multifamily owners to sign as many units as possible in Boston.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop and implement a growth acquisition plan.
- Propel our growth even further by adding thousands of units to our portfolio.
- Prospect, qualify, underwrite, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities.
- Build relationships with many of the largest developers and owners in Boston.
- Negotiate and structure deals by leveraging other headquarter resources including teams dedicated to market analysis, underwriting and public policy stakeholders.
- Use local real estate knowledge and a network of contacts in Boston to source developers and real estate owners with suitable development opportunities where the Sonder business model can operate and create value. Manage relationships with owners and developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance.
- Develop and maintain a network of local agents and broker partners to drive the supply pipeline.
- Craft, negotiate, and support leases favorable to Sonder and its guests, with a focus on commercial terms, as well as property upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness, and landlord responsiveness.
- Become fluent in local public policy and existing short-term rental regulations and building code.
- Become an expert at pipeline management while ensuring full compliance with Sonder business development procedures and driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified.
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Sonder while enhancing public image.
- Develop new relationships and expand existing accounts.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- You’re a career-level sales real estate professional who is fully qualified and experienced, with a full understanding of area of commercial real estate.
- Experience with a range of asset classes (Residential, Commercial, Retail, and Hospitality). You master all aspects of real estate development - equity structures, financing considerations, construction, lease-up and exit.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in commercial real estate - particularly acquisition & development.
- You live, breathe, and sleep commercial real estate; you are ultra passionate and knowledgeable about Boston’s real estate market.
- You’re an accomplished salesperson and closer who is self-driven. You’ve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition and handling objections while inspiring trust.
- You’ve built a powerful real estate network. You can find your way to any developer in the city and can leverage your rolodex.
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to craft and implement a strategic plan for property acquisition.
- You aspire to be a missionary and not a mercenary - you want to work for a fast growing start up with a unicorn trajectory. You see the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms.
- MBA preferred.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.