Organization: The National Development Council
The National Development Council (NDC) is the oldest national non-profit community and economic development organization in the United States. NDC was founded in 1969 with a mission of increasing the flow of capital for investment, jobs and community development to underserved urban and rural areas across the country.
Position: Assistant Field Director
NDC seeks to add a full-time Assistant Field Director (Assistant Director). Assistant Directors assist Field Directors and other NDC staff in the delivery of NDC’s core services, including technical assistance and capacity building, to local governments and non-profit corporations. The position will support client work principally in the Eastern United States and with a heavy concentration in the New York metropolitan areas. Candidates currently located in the New York metropolitan area are preferred. We seek candidates who embrace our mission and have passion for their work.
The person selected for this position will be expected to work under the direction of NDC’s West Team Directors to:
• Assist with business development efforts, including monitoring and responding to RFQ/Ps and new program design and implementation
• Conduct relevant policy research related to housing and economic development programs, issues, and resources
• Participate in meetings, workshops, and presentations with staff, clients and community stakeholders
• Assist Field Directors in providing technical assistance to clients, program and policy design, including drafting of reports and presentations
• Assist with NDC client training initiatives
• Assess and improve NDC financial templates and systems
• Undertake preliminary review of potential applicants of small business loans, including due diligence and financial analysis
• Undertake preliminary review of real estate projects seeking government assistance, including due diligence and financial analysis
• Provide support related to client reporting, billing and contracts, coordinating with NDC’s accounting and finance teams
• Provide marketing support by generating impact stories, case studies and best practices from client work
• A bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, finance, planning, real estate development or other related fields. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Working knowledge of business credit analysis and real estate finance.
• Two years of experience with increasingly responsible work in financial analysis, urban planning, economic development, commercial real estate and/or housing development.
• Highly energetic, creative self-starter capable of managing various assignments for multiple parties.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues, municipal clients, public officials, developers, and representatives from private and public financial organizations.
• A demonstrated ability to solve problems in a collaborative work environment.
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package. Career path to Field Director position. NDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Business Development
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.