Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Associate Vice President, Accounts Receivable will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s billing, rent collection and accounts receivable functions. Your unmatched leadership experience will be crucial as you lead the Rent Specialist team, whose core function is to ensure the accurate and timely posting of monthly rental income across a portfolio of over 6,500 properties. Additionally, you will be will be tasked with identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives, leading monthly accounts receivable meetings with department leaders across the company, providing accurate and robust reporting insights for senior management and, at times, external parties.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
Accounts Receivable Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and support to seven Rent Specialists, the Lease Accounting Supervisor, and the AVP of Lease Administration
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable function and ensure accurate and timely posting and reconciliation of monthly rents
- Coordinate appropriate cash application of inbound receipts across outstanding rent and expense charges in conjunction with the RE Finance and Operations team
- Produce, maintain, and report on monthly Accounts Receivable rollforward and lead monthly Receivables meeting with cross-departmental leaders
- In concert with Research, Asset Management and Property Accounting personnel, assist in collectability analysis of month-end receivables balances
- Proactively follow-up on past due amounts in conjunction with property management and asset management direction
- Lead monthly department meetings to collaborate on processes, concerns and suggestions
- Train, develop, and provide guidance to team on principles of accuracy, responsiveness, and proactiveness
- Publish, implement, and maintain policies and procedures as it relates to all aspects of Rent Specialist duties
Process Improvement and Project Management
- Identify, design, and execute on opportunities for greater process scalability and efficiency
- Implement new receivables software (if applicable) to centralize and speed up the cash application process
- Constantly identify recurring processes that can be automated to drive faster posting of rent without sacrificing accuracy
- Develop sufficient review process to ensure quality of work and prevent errors
- Onboard as many tenants as possible with electronic payment methodologies
- Maintain strong working relationship and collaboration with VP, Head of Internal Audit on process improvement ideas and implementation
- Maintain strong working relationship and collaboration with VP, Assistant Controller Property Accounting to ensure accurate billing, cash posting, and receipt applications by Rent Specialist team
- Constantly work with IT to drive custom report writing in ERP system (Yardi) as deemed applicable based on needs of those who consume the data
- Responsible for Yardi testing and documentation of fixes and module upgrades.
- Confirm rental income data input for accuracy and completeness.
- Verify accuracy of monthly collections
- Maintain internal control processes for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and prepare certifications for quarterly reporting
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or university
- CPA Preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in property accounting, accounts receivable or corporate accounting
- 4+ years of employee management required
- Commercial real estate industry experience highly preferred
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) experience, particularly at a “Net Lease” company is desirable
- Strong accounting background, preferably in property accounting
- Highly competent in working with voluminous data; extremely proficient in Excel
- Experience working with complex ERP systems; Yardi background a significant plus
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and review of own work product
- Creative, regularly takes initiative to re-engineer processes to drive efficiency
- Experience in managing a team and developing talent
- Effective oral communications skills; ability to synthesize a core message to a diverse audience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize critical projects; embraces challenges and manages time-sensitive responsibilities
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies; Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.