Founded in 1993, DivcoWest is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC and New York City. Known for our long-standing relationships and track record of success in markets where innovation thrives, we combine entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to deliver value-add solutions to the world’s most innovative companies.
DivcoWest aims to create environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance the health, happiness, and well-being of all people. A disciplined code of ethics is at the core of all that we do. We value our partners and our people, and believe that the collective energy of a diverse team is what drives our creative ideas and solutions.
The Senior Asset Manager is responsible for monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Company’s real estate assets in Southern California. They will collaborate with the regional investment team leader, director of business development, fellow asset managers, investment analysts, tenants and brokers to ensure seamless integration, outstanding execution, and successful disposition of all regional assets. They will also assist with capital transactions such as acquisitions and refinancing.
The right person for the role will possess a blend of strong interpersonal and organizational skills. This entrepreneurial group prizes critical thinking, building relationships, independent motivation, and transparent communication. The position is ideally suited for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a solid asset management background, a strong work ethic and a passion for real estate.
- Work collaboratively with the acquisition team members in evaluating potential investment opportunities, assist with due diligence and facilitate the process of onboarding new assets.
- Work closely with in-house property management team, third party property managers, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals.
- Oversee and participate in quarterly, and annual reporting/valuations for clients and senior management.
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and value-add programs within the portfolio.
- Analyze lease transactions and negotiate leases.
- Monitor cash flow and budgets to maximize returns.
- Oversee hold/sell analysis and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Travel may be necessary.
- BA/BS degree with strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree a plus.
- 10 years or more of commercial real estate asset management experience preferred.
- Strong financial, oral and writing communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects in team settings.
- Proficient in Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Argus and willingness to adopt new technologies leveraged across the company’s portfolio
- Highly driven, with a positive, solution-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think like an owner in all decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to do what is necessary
- Ability to travel to properties
Please review our company Priviacy Policy in regards to the use of any personal information you provide us at our website.
- Asset Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.