Salary Range: $114.312 - $147,331 PA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the work of managers and staff including: planning, assigning, and reviewing work, evaluating work performance and completing performance evaluations, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, selecting new employees, training and developing employees, taking appropriate action on employee relations issues, and recommending and implementing discipline;
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of goals, policies, procedures and priorities relating to accounting and financial reporting; reviews and recommends improvements to accounting, budgeting, reporting procedures and staff duties;
- Participates in all aspects of financial reporting such as the preparation of the Agency’s annual financial report to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (Financial Data Submission); annual GAAP financial statements and other special purpose reporting, both internally and externally;
- Ensures that the cash position, cash needs, and anticipated receipts from all sources are known at all times, and that sound fiscal judgment is exercised in utilizing these funds;
- Oversees year-end closing processes and roll-forward, and submits all required financial reports in a timely manner;
- Oversees and reviews all audit processes and investigations including follow-up with the appropriate personnel to ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken;
- Develops and maintains effective internal control processes in accordance with Agency policies, grantor requirements and industry best practices;
- Oversees processing of base-line transactions such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking and grants management;
- Oversees financial payments on contracts, in compliance with financial limits and term of contract; communicates with departments to ensure compliance with Agency standards;
- Oversees the coordination and production of all internal and external financial reporting, including the monthly, quarterly, and year end reports and closings;
- Researches accounting issues and recommends accounting treatment for complex transactions as needed;
- Collaborates with multiple departments to identify funding needs and matches those needs with sources of revenue. Allocates expenses in accordance with funding requirements and sound business practices;
- Assists Vice President, Office of Financial Management and budget staff in the production of the annual budget, revisions thereto and related reporting;
- Identifies and meets with potential funding sources as requested to promote Agency programs;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field with a concentration in Accounting, and/or a Certified Public Accountant with a current license and at least 7 years of experience in public sector accounting, budgeting, and financial management; or the equivalent combination of education and experience which meet the minimum qualifications requirement may be substituted. Leadership and supervisory experience is required.
The District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include but is not limited to a criminal background check, drug and alcohol testing, verification of academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, and/or verification of work history.
This position has been designated by the department to require a drug and alcohol screening and background check. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and will be required to consent to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.