Extell Management Services, Inc. is a sophisticated and intuitive management team that reinforces the commitment to maintain the quality of each Extell development that it oversees. The management portfolio includes New York’s most recognized high-end condominium, rental, and commercial addresses for Extell Development Company.
Founded and headed by Gary Barnett, Extell Development Company is a nationally acclaimed real estate developer of residential, office, retail and hospitality properties, operating primarily in Manhattan and other premier cities across the nation. Experiencing outstanding growth since its founding in 1989, the company’s growing portfolio exceeds twenty-five million square feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Property Manager directly supervises the Resident Manager of the property and effectively coordinates the staff of Extell-managed residential properties, managing available resources to accomplish residential operations objectives as set forth by the President and Senior Vice President of Extell Management Services Inc. The Property Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, providing 5-star services to all residents and guests and assisting the Vice President of Property Management with the logistics and operations of Extell Management Services, Inc.
- Residential Management
- Manages the Resident Manager of the property.
- Serves as point of contact for all Board Members of the property.
- Ensure the highest levels of safety, security and hospitality for residents and employees.
- Develop, plan and coordinate services that promote the maintenance, up-keep and high standards of Extell-managed residential properties.
- Assist the Resident Managers and employees of each Extell-managed residential property to achieve the daily activities and requests of the residents.
- Ensure appropriate and timely responses to all resident needs and requests within 2 hours of receipt and provide meaningful follow-up within 24 hours.
- Identify and record resident preferences in order to provide personalized service.
- Develop a working knowledge of each building’s Rules and Regulations, ensuring appropriate enforcement and maintenance of the highest-possible standards.
- Monitor and, as necessary, directly resolve all resident’s complaints, keeping the direct manager(s) fully informed, and maintaining appropriate written documentation.
- Coordinate the appropriate individual or department (e.g., Resident Manager, Handyman, Porter, Doorman or Security) as necessary to resolve a resident’s call, request, or problem.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of all the particulars of the various building amenities, vendors and third-party relationships in order to provide fast answers to relevant resident queries.
- Ensure fitness facility waivers are created and implemented.
- Train residential staff on key web-based systems, such as BuildingLink and KeyLink.
- Conducts thorough building walkthroughs at a minimum of twice each week and immediately report and address any concerns.
- Attend any and all construction meetings for building projects; and oversee apartment alterations to include submitting Alteration Applications to the Board/Owner for approval and ensuring work in progress is monitored on-site on a daily basis by the Resident Manager and by Property Management on a weekly basis.
- Ensures the scheduling of Board meetings as based on the building’s governing documents and at the discretion of the Board/Owner; prepares agenda to include prior Board meeting minutes and any other supporting documentation; and lead Board meetings as required.
- Schedules the building’s Annual Meeting in accordance to the building’s governing documents and s approved by the Board/Owner; provides at least a 30-day notice pf the Annual Meeting to all unit owner/shareholders; prepares agenda to include prior meeting minutes and any supporting documentation; run elections for open board seats; and lead the meeting or create s script for the Board President to lead the meeting.
- Performs other activities as deemed appropriate by the direct manager(s).
- Documentation and Administration
- Create both a paper and online filing system for each Extell-managed residential property
- Ensure that each residential unit file is complete, including unit closing documentation, written authorizations, forms, acknowledgments/permissions, unit alteration agreements, sales, leases, and insurance information, implementing the strictest confidentiality.
- Ensure adherence to each property’s governing documents with respect to meeting formats, meeting notices, agendas, minutes, record-keeping, powers and duties of the Board, management company authority, insurance, financial allocations and payment responsibilities.
- Review all tenant, property-specific, and Extell Management companywide communications with the Resident Manager and/or manager, as applicable, before distribution, ensuring compliance with approved communications standards.
- Develop content for, coordinate and distribute property or company newsletters as requested.
- Document all residence tenants’ requests/complaints and communicate such to appropriate personnel for proper handling.
- Procure, organize and maintain on file current certificates of insurance for vendors, contractors, designers, laborers and technicians accessing residential units or apartments
- Manage files of preferred vendors and tradesman, providing a minimum of three recommendations upon request, unless otherwise directed by direct manager(s).
- Coordinate and facilitate the approval of unit alteration agreements as needed or requested by direct manager(s).
- Procure necessary certificates of insurance for each residential unit and vendor, as necessary, developing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Submit required or requested reports to direct manager(s) on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary materials and information at all times.
- Residence Tenant Relations
- Develop content for and conduct New Resident Orientations, including welcome package and the recording of each new resident’s contact information and preferences.
- Create robust BuildingLink profiles for each new resident to initiate their services as requested.
- Respond to resident requests within 2 hours of receipt and provide timely and meaningful follow-up to all resident’s requests received within 24 hours.
- Initiate and implement policies and procedures to maintain excellent resident communications.
- Address all resident’s service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Monitor the residential Staff’s responses to residents, guest’s, and visitor’s requests for special arrangements or services, following up as necessary to ensure requests have been appropriately addressed.
- Develop a working knowledge of and professional relationships with the residents of each Extell-managed property.
- Actively listen and respond positively to questions in order to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Periodically inspect move-ins and move-outs to ensure efficiency at each property
- Maintain a positive, customer-focused service attitude at all times.
- Communicate to residents, guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees, residents, and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Vendor and Third-Party Relations
- Effectively manages all of the property’s third party vendors (security, amenity and other vendors) to include acquiring multiple bids for consideration to the property’s Board/Owner.
- Develop positive vendors and third-party working relationships for each Extell-managed residential property and its residents.
- Develop relationships with transportation vendors (e.g., taxi cab, limousine services) to ensure first-class service for residents, guests and visitors.
- Negotiate special rates, processes and programming for residential services, including dry-cleaning, parking, floral and food delivery services.
- Manage third-party relationships with concierge vendors, such as Luxury Attaché, ensuring resident’s needs and requests are appropriately and expediently handled.
- Develop and manage positive relationships with ongoing strategic partners, such as BuildingLink, and Rent Share.
- Uphold Extell Management Services’ brand, reputation, image and standards in all third-party dealings.
- Assist direct manager(s) in the formulation of Extell-managed property budgets for each upcoming fiscal year; and assist in monitoring and maintaining each Extell-managed property’s budget within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Manage and approve supply purchase orders to include ensuring multiple bids are considered.
- Actively review invoices received, ensuring compliance with property-specific contracts and agreements; address invoice discrepancies, approve and submit all invoices received to the accounting office for payment in a timely manner; and assist corporate accounting as needed to ensure that all common charges are collected when due
- Advise direct manager(s) on invoice, payment or budget-variance discrepancies
- Code and approve all invoices as needed and in a timely manner
- Oversees all property accounts receivables to include ensuring that any and all payments received are immediately recorded and forwarded to the accounting office on a daily basis.
- Oversees and assists with managing all other property finances to include all variance reports, monthly common charges/expenses, refinancing of bank home owner association (HOA) forms, and rent roll review and approval.
- Ensure that monthly financials are completed and forwarded to the property Board/Owner on a timely basis.
- Ensure that monthly owner reports and any rental net operating income (NOI) analyses are completed and forwarded to the property Owner/Asset Manager on a timely basis.
- Advise direct manager(s) on delinquencies, drafting and sending appropriate correspondence as needed
- Work diligently to maintain excellent vendor and contractor communications concerning work scheduling, completion dates, billing, and payment
- Human Resources
- Approves staff schedules; tracks and manages overtime and approves staff payrolls.
- In conjunction with direct manager(s) and the Resident Manager, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of each Extell-managed property.
- Develop, plan and lead management company meetings, seminars and trainings at the direction of direct manager(s).
- Implement, lead and maintain human resources policies and procedures for the employees of each Extell-managed property.
- Develop new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the residential staff, supporting the team to reach common goals, and listening and responding appropriately to their concerns.
- Provide comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees.
- Facilitate disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conduct ongoing training with the Concierge staff of each Extell-managed property; e.g., communications standards, BuildingLink and KeyLink procedures, property-specific Rules and Regulations, workplace safety, and other training as required.
- Assist corporate human resources in employee hiring, record-keeping and documentation
- Develop and manage employee recognition program for outstanding performance.
- Develop career path plans and training programs for employees.
- Actively participate in the talent acquisition, recruitment and hiring of each property’s employees.
- In conjunction with corporate Human Resources, develop a working knowledge of 32BJ Union regulations, collective bargaining agreements, and local, state and federal employment laws, ensuring compliance at each property.
- Attend disciplinary meetings and arbitrations, as needed or requested by a property’s Resident Manager or the direct manager(s).
- Safety and Security
- Ensure the property’s compliance with all laws and company policies and procedures to include the coordination and oversight of any work required to ensure the property complies with current building codes and other legal requirements.
- Report all liability and property incidents to direct manager(s) immediately.
- Ensure that all workers’ compensations claims are reported to direct manager(s) and human resources immediately, and that appropriate documentation is completed.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Develop a working knowledge of, train employees on, and enforce property-specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises, notifying the Resident Manager, direct manager(s) and property security, as necessary.
- Professional Conduct
- Ensure the residential staff uniforms, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect the company’s assets.
- Uphold the quality expectations and standards of Extell Management Services Inc.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Keep direct manager(s) updated on assignments.
- Company and Industry
- Maintain an awareness of the New York real estate market, industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations and seminars.
- Maintain an active membership with the Community Associations Institute, supporting Extell Management Services’ companywide accreditation.
- Complete necessary training and continuing education to achieve and/or maintain CMCA, AMS, PCAM and/or other professionally recognized credentials in property and association management.
- Represent Extell Management Services at real estate, hospitality, property management and other industry events as requested by direct manager(s).
- Ability to understand Resident and/or guest inquiries and provide timely and appropriate responses
- Able to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to recognize and address appropriate issues/tasks/responsibilities/requests
- Ability to focus on the details
- Ability to think quickly and make sound judgments
- Must be professional and possess excellent presentation, communication, organization and effective time-management skills
- Flexibility with work schedules and hours and a willingness to work on weekends & holidays
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required
- Three years of property management experience in either residential and/or condo-coop environment
- Relevant experience in the development and/or management of luxury hotels or residential properties
- CMCA or similar nationally-recognized property management designation
- Strong leadership skills to provide consistency, results and service through the achievements of each Extell-managed property’s operations
- Experienced in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Industry programs used
- A knowledge of, and interest in, New York City neighborhoods, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theatres, Broadway shows and attractions is desirable
· Office environment with the usual office equipment and minimal noise level
· Some ongoing construction areas with the usual equipment and noise level
*Equal Opportunity Employer
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment