At WestHawk Capital, we believe the most talented and passionate people in real estate are drawn to entrepreneurial opportunities, and we are betting heavily on this belief. Our Phoenix, Arizona-based real estate investment firm has a unique strategy of incubating emerging real estate investment and development companies and teams, with an ultimate goal of having 4-5 affiliated companies under the WestHawk umbrella. These companies are created either through a top-down process in which WestHawk identifies strategies and then finds a small management team to build a company around, or a bottom-up process in which a core team approaches WestHawk with an existing start-up or a business plan and WestHawk partners with the entrepreneurial management to accelerate the establishment and growth of the company.
Currently, WestHawk has two affiliated companies: Alignment Realty Capital, which focuses on the acquisition of single-tenant properties, and LRB Partners, which focuses on multifamily investments in Western US mountain towns, along with Phoenix, Arizona. Additional companies are in earlier stages of formation and will be announced at a later stage. WestHawk also makes private equity investments in companies ancillary or complementary to real estate.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
WestHawk’s founder is looking for the perfect right-hand woman / man to help in realizing the company’s vision. I need a great generalist, with boundless energy, a quick learner, with deep intellectual curiosity and strong follow through who is not just interested in real estate investments and developments, but also in creating thriving companies.
The reason an analyst with generalist skills is so important is that the person in this role is going to have to be able to handle whatever is thrown at them as we build a unique platform incubator within the real estate sector.
- Market Research – financial markets, economics, property and geographic market research for proprietary investment ideas and research reports / white-papers
- Investment reporting – writing investment update report drafts for private and institutional investors
- Asset management – Day-to-day management involvement and reporting
- Financial analysis of real estate transactions and private equity transactions
- Interaction and assistance with WestHawk incubated / affiliated companies
- Project management of special projects for process improvement, technology adoption, etc.
- Marketing – press releases, social media, website oversight
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s/Undergraduate degree required with a GPA greater than 3.5 unweighted on a 4.0 scale.
- 2+ years of work experience post-undergrad, in a business or professional setting in either real estate, finance, or investment or market research.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong reading, writing, quantitative, and research skills.
- Outstanding communication skills including writing, data visualization and presentation skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent judgment.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, hands-on, creative environment, with a low need for coddling.
- Self-directed, ambitious, resourceful, and internally motivated.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, with ability to create structure.
- Strong problem-solving skills with lots of curiosity and hunger to learn.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.