Quad Property Group, a privately-held multifamily investment firm, is seeking an acquisitions VP or associate. The company, with offices in New York and Los Angeles, has acquired apartment complexes throughout the Southeast valued in excess of $100MM. QPG’s current investment strategy is focused on acquiring value-add and core-plus multifamily in our target markets.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
This position will be responsible for sourcing multifamily acquisitions in primary and secondary markets with a focus on value-add and core plus opportunities. This role’s primary function will be networking extensively with owners, developers, brokers and investors to source acquisition opportunities.
The role will be supported by QPG’s management team, which will take the lead in contract negotiations, due diligence, and closings, allowing this role to focus on sourcing and underwriting acquisitions.
LOCATION: This role will be located in Austin, Texas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sourcing multifamily acquisitions utilizing among other items:
- Candidate’s existing relationships and QPG’s relationships with owners, developers, brokers, investors and lenders in the Sunbelt
- Candidate’s strong knowledge of primary and secondary markets in Texas
- Proactively establishing and maintaining strong relationships with multifamily owners, developers, brokers, investors
- Maintaining exceptional knowledge of all aspects of QPG’s target markets, including: economic data, demographics, apartment market/submarket metrics, sales comps, rent growth, occupancy trends, operating expenses, development pipeline, barriers to entry
- Ensuring the acquisition database and pipeline report are updated weekly
- Modeling potential acquisitions in Excel
- Touring potential acquisitions and rental comps
- Reviewing and providing input on proforma assumptions, historical financials, rent rolls, historical/future capital expenditures
- Providing input on management committee and investor/lender presentations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with direct responsibility for multifamily acquisitions or brokerage in the Sunbelt
- Extensive relationships with multifamily owners and developers in the Sunbelt
- Strong knowledge of the primary and secondary multifamily markets in Texas
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work well both individually and as a part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of key investment metrics (Cap Rates, Internal Rate of Return, Cash on Cash Return, Return on Cost, Equity Multiple)
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to understand and operate complex apartment and partnership financial models (in excel)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to one of the QPG principals
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not directly supervise others.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
TRAVEL: Must be able to travel 60%+ including occasional overnight travel
- Financial Analysis
This job is no longer active.