C+C Apartment Management LLC is recognized as an industry leader in management and real estate operations. Our team manages the day-to-day operations of over 18,000 residential dwelling units across approximately 400 multi-family buildings throughout the New York Tri-state area. The C+C portfolio contains market rate, mixed market rate, affordable and full tax credit/affordable properties.
Our mission is to provide exceptional property management services that meet the diverse needs of our various constituents, including our residents, the local community, government and financing agencies, and the owners of the properties. C+C offers a full breadth of management services to improve and enhance a property’s revenue, cost control measures, maintenance, financial reporting, and resident relations.
As an award-winning landmark asset in Newark, NJ, the former Hahne and Co flagship department store building was restored and redeveloped into a vibrant mixed-use, mixed-income development in the heart of downtown Newark, New Jersey. The timing of this restoration coordinated well with the rise of Prudential Insurance’s new 20-story office building and the City’s restoration of Military Park, both located across the street from the project. With Rutgers University, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and the New Jersey Historical Society located steps away from the project – the Hahne’s project connects the various important corridors of Downtown Newark and provides unprecedented quality new housing, retail and commercial opportunities to the community.
The residential portion includes 160 units of both affordable and market-rate apartments and a parking garage. Opened in 2016, the building is also home to a diverse group of retailers including Express Newark, Rutgers University-Newark arts and cultural incubator, a Barnes and Noble bookstore, Newark’s first Whole Foods Market, Coolvines wine store, Marcus BP restaurant, and the Industrial Bank.
Responsible for the oversight of building staff (including office personnel such as AGM and other administrators), as well as the financial performance of a particular asset.
• Manages the Assistant General Manager (AGM) and other site-specific administrative staff
• Oversees and ensures CAM charges/allocations, multi-entity cost-sharing allocations, AR/AP, MOR variance explanations, and operating and CAPEX budget-preparation are effectively managed
• Maintains full accountability and plays a direct leadership role in supervising agency-specific regularly inspections (i.e. MOR, API, etc.)
• Manages all CAPEX projects – working closely with development, asset management, and construction teams on bidding/leveling and execution of contract docs
• Works closely and collaborate with asset management as well as internal and external stakeholders to drive additional value and control expenditures
• Manages retail/commercial operations pursuant to the lease agreements
• Supports and effectively manages on-site LIHTC and/or Section 8 administration and compliance.
• Responsible for the implementation of regulatory compliance efforts and leasing coordinated efforts (i.e continuous occupancy management, logistical coordination of move-ins/vacates/turnover)
• Responsible for enacting and enforcing organizational initiatives/SOPs
• Actively pursue tenant arrears and initiates non-payment proceedings
• Manages the violation process until completion
• Supports the leasing team on any/all renewal, lease termination and/or lease negotiations
• Collaborates and supports L+M/C+C initiatives
• Manages the unit turnover process - include bid-leveling, estimating, and awarding process
• Reviews and approves invoices
• Must have significant market-rate management experience
• Must have significant retail management experience with institutional/big box retail operations
• Must have exemplary financial management skills with experience managing shared cost allocations between multiple entities, partners and retail operators
• Must have a very strong understanding of high-capacity MEP systems
• Must have project management experience
• Must possess affordable housing experience
• Must display superior leadership, exemplary customer service, and multi-tasking abilities
• Knowledge of building system
• Microsoft office applications
• Real Estate license
• Proficiency in Yardi
• ARM/RAM/CPM designation(s)
• LIHTC or AHM certification
• College degree
Years of Relevant Experience Required:
• 5+ years of property management experience managing market-rate developments with large-scale retail operations
C+C offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential property management organization.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- General Management and C-Suite
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years