Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow, over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible for providing support in the execution of tenant renewal, divestment, and value-add transactions. Reporting to the Senior Director, Asset Management, your ability to function efficiently and effectively in a professional environment will be essential, as this position typically handles highly critical, confidential, and sensitive materials. Your knowledge base in finance, familiarity with commercial real estate principles and evaluation, and property underwriting will allow you to succeed in this role.
Here's what might happen on a typical day:
The AM Analyst collaborates with various team members and external commercial real estate professionals in evaluating properties and tenants on a regular basis to optimize the value of real estate properties within Realty Income’s portfolio. The AM Analyst is assigned to a specific set of properties, working directly with the Director, Senior Director and Vice President, Asset Management.
Non-credit Lease Renewal:
- Review, analyze, and evaluate non-credit tenant requests including (i) lease renewal, (ii) request for assignment or sublease, (iii) lease amendment, (iv) and default
- Conduct market and financial analysis to affirm re-lease strategy vs. alternative options
- Review and assess tenant and property-level financial performance
- Formulate strategic recommendations and effectively present for discussions with Director, Senior Director and Vice President, Asset Management
Re-lease and Vacant Disposition:
- Assist with resolution of vacant and to-be-vacant properties
- Track and communicate lease statuses
- Conduct market and financial analysis on re-lease vs. disposition scenarios
- Assist with broker communication and lease and/or sale negotiations
- Analyze market and trade area, zoning, property taxes, demographics, easements and use restriction considerations for vacant properties
- Support Director and Senior Director, Asset Management in negotiation of lease and purchase offers
- Present vacant resolution opportunities to VP and SVP under advisement of Director and Senior Director, Asset Management, and present to Investment Committee for approval as necessary
- Portfolio transaction database maintenance
- Validate and reconcile quantitative transaction metrics for quarterly reporting requirements
- Assist in site visits, on an as-needed basis, for the Asset Management and Research Departments
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in real estate finance or related field from a four-year college or university
- CA Bureau of Real Estate Salesperson license (or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire)
- Competent knowledge of the use and applicability of budgeting, cash flows, and financial analysis for real estate transactions
- Competent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and other software applications
- General understanding of commercial real estate principles and evaluation and business operations financial statements
- 1-3 years of experience in real estate transactions, leasing and disposition, and/or development
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years