Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow, over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
The Analyst, International Investments, will be responsible for assisting with projects related to real estate investments in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and other geographies outside the United States. Reporting to the Director, International Investments, the Analyst’s duties may include acquisitions underwriting, opportunity sourcing, and investment research for potential transactions. This position will play an important role in shaping and growing Realty Income’s UK/European platform.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Work alongside the Investments Team to analyze and pursue real estate investment opportunities in the UK and Europe. Help the team win opportunities by bringing an effective and efficient approach to each assignment.
- Determine whether opportunities meet Realty Income’s criteria by analyzing the projected financial returns of prospective investments.
- Create detailed investment memorandums for review and consideration by Realty Income’s Investment Committee and Board of Directors.
- Present investment opportunities to the members of the Investment Committee. The analyst will participate in these discussions and will play an important role in explaining the team’s investment rationale.
- Collaborate with external advisors and in-house legal and accounting teams to manage the due diligence process
- Update and monitor the international investment pipeline on a weekly basis for review by the CEO.
- Prepare the monthly international Investment pipeline, activity report, and project sheet for review by the CEO, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Manage the international investment volume sourcing log in collaboration with team members from the Research Department.
- Oversee the drafting of quarterly asset reports for new international investments (with help from the Research Department) which are shown to RI’s UK Board members.
- Work with the Credit Research team to help identify new occupiers and business sectors for investment consideration.
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to identify alternative property types and new geographies for investment.
- Help the team and the Investment Committee stay apprised and competitive by tracking competitor performance and market activity.
- Utilize internal and external contacts to gather market information and data that may be helpful to the team’s objectives.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on Real Estate, Business, Commerce or Finance is preferred
- 0-2 years of real estate experience
- Experience underwriting real estate transactions including corporate/entity-level deals, portfolios, and asset-level deals.
- Strong public speaking skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Given the start-up nature of the UK office, a high degree of entrepreneurial initiative is required with a strong sense of autonomy and accountability.
- Combination of business acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, combined with tenacity, drive and a desire to succeed.
- A team player mentality that is focused on working with others to achieve a common goal.
- Fluency in English is essential; and other European languages would be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies; Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years