Work closely with senior leaders and other team members to support commercial investment and development efforts of the Boston Development team and its interactions with the larger Americas Development efforts. From this role, it is anticipated that advancement opportunities will exist for positions relating to acquiring and/or managing development projects.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Underwriting and Valuation
- Maintain research from internal and external sources to support detailed market analysis and to inform underwriting of ground-up developments, acquisitions, portfolio analysis as well as capital structuring associated with joint venture, equity and debt transactions.
- Complete project or asset level valuations, simple and complex capital structure modelling and scenario/sensitivity analysis for developments and/or acquisitions of multi-family, residential condominium, office, life science and retail investments.
- Support the transaction process through performing underwriting analysis, scenario and sensitivity modelling, independent reviews of due diligence material, deal structures and the preparation of investment committee papers that comply with legislative and corporate requirements.
- Collaborate and partner with internal business functions and regional development teams to support the pursuit, underwriting and due diligence of new investment opportunities and investment process through to the close.
- Perform some light project management tasks, including maintaining meeting minutes, contract management and monitoring completion of action items.
Financial and Market Analysis
- Develop and maintain financial modelling and valuation tools to support the investment process.
- Provide support in maintenance and modification/updating of Lendlease’s proprietary financial models.
- Keep abreast of market activity, collate and analyze market data to support the assessment of each transaction.
- Support the review and/or preparation of material associated with investment and organizational strategies.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required, Graduate degree a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience in transaction underwriting, valuation, analysis, structuring, due diligence and execution across a broad array of real estate transactions, product types and markets.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including ability to create array formulas, macros and data tables.
- Experience with other modelling languages, such as Argus, is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint preferred.
- Relevant additional qualifications in Business, Economics, Finance and/or Real Estate.
Key Capability Listing
- Excellent financial modelling and valuation skills across a broad array of real estate transactions and markets.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent research, written and oral communication, critical reasoning, quantitative financial analysis and data synthesizing skills.
- Excellent problem solving, technical, analytical and valuation skills which may include knowledge of tax, accounting and legal fundamentals, business operations and organizational strategy.
- Detail oriented and capable of performing fundamental and complex analysis in an efficient manner and distilling into clear and concise presentations, investment papers and/or reports.
- Ability to work independently across a diverse array of geographic and asset class segments.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate decision making and build relationships collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years