LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 400 Class A and B properties comprising more than 150,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Director - Capital Analytics will join a team of financial professionals responsible for redevelopment opportunity analysis, underwriting, monthly/quarterly investment performance reporting, performance analysis, budgeting, reforecasting, and various ad-hoc dynamic analysis. The Director - Capital Analytics will interact extensively with LivCor asset management and executive leadership, asset management, Revantage (LivCor’s affiliated real estate services company) accounting and treasury, and LivCor’s operating partners. The Director - Capital Analytics will be responsible for operational/financial reports and analysis presented to Blackstone and LivCor’s executive leadership team. The position reports to the Vice President of Finance and frequently interacts with Renovation Directors and Regional Construction Directors.
The ideal candidate will convey a passion/curiosity for real estate investment, possess the ability while working with industry leaders to develop large scale dynamic predictive analytics, constantly work to identify, scale, and automate repetitive functions, be coachable, and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the field. They will have a strong desire to mentor and motivate a team of six high performing team-members, leveraging their skills to support multiple teams across the organization. The ideal candidate will be solving today’s problems at the same time as developing the processes and team-members to solve tomorrow’s problems.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- Review and analyze monthly ROI (ROI = Renovation) and Capital reporting: Includes reviewing summary dashboards, graphs and tables; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and trends; and developing meaningful and insightful commentary to be presented to the ROI and Capital leadership teams
- Review quarterly ROI, Redevelopment and Capital Board materials: work with team on high profile deliverable presented to executive leadership team at the quarterly board meeting
- Lead the annual budget and reforecast processes; work interactively with renovation/redevelopment/capital teams to finalize the budget; prepare summary reports and communicate to executive leadership team
- Maintain and optimize the unit renovation, common area redevelopment and capital databases and processes
- Create and maintain financial and operational dashboards to better assist the asset management, pricing, and marketing teams
- Vigilantly and proactively participate in continual process improvement initiatives
- Develop processes that save time while maintaining the highest quality standards, design data rich and aesthetically pleasing dashboards, leverage internal and external resources to efficiently achieve goals
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses for senior leadership
- Mentor team members, drive team objectives, and expand the capabilities of the Capital Analytics team
What you should have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A, data analytics, or investment underwriting within a commercial real estate firm or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, real estate, accounting, or STEM
- Experience managing a team of 3 or more people
- Demonstrated analytical acumen and curiosity
- Strong work ethic: strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, ability to meet critical deadlines, capable of critical self-reflection and honest assessment of performance, desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence
- Strong understanding of accounting, GLs, TBs, and capital policy
- Proven history of building out sophisticated and dynamic databases (Or working with a database team to accomplish)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-confidence to lead a meeting and discuss financial results with executive leadership team or Blackstone asset management team
- Multifamily real estate experience
- Experience with project management software
- VBA Programming, SQL and other languages are a plus
- Data visualization experience - Microsoft Power Suite (PowerBI and DAX, PowerQuery and M Language, PowerApps), Tableau, or similar
- CFA, CPA, MBA, or other professional designation
- Experience with Oracle PBCS or similar financial software
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job