The Habitat Company, LLC is a leader in residential multi-family real estate management and development. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team as we pursue additional opportunities for the growth and development of our company. We are an organization of nearly 800 team members operating in multiple states. We specialize in the asset and property management of multi-family housing and commercial real estate.
At The Habitat Company, we believe that it is the quality and experience of our team members that make a difference. Our professional team provides us with the depth of talent and ability that is crucial to our success.
The Asset Manager conducts ongoing quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets and manages financial investor and internal reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring multifamily financial and operational performance necessary to exceed investors’ objectives and maximize returns.
- Analyze efficiencies and identify value enhancement opportunities for assets.
- Capital partner relationship management
- Provide required reports to lenders and investors
- Coordinate and monitor the preparation of annual business plans, investor reporting and valuations, budgets and capital renovation programs by regional manager’s (RM’s), accounting and project management.
- Assist acquisition/investment team in acquisition due diligence, disposition, and financing efforts and investment problem resolution.
- Coordinate and monitor the preparation, development of materials and delivery of client reports, including quarterly reports and annual business plans by RM’s and accounting team. Review, edit and revise client communications for content, consistency, accuracy and presentation.
- Provide financial, strategic and operational data and incorporate in client reporting.
- Respond to client and corporate financial requests, preparing special projects and in new business development efforts.
- Monitor compliance with loan and joint venture agreements.
- Coordinate with brokers/buyers, partners and lenders and scheduling and controlling site tours with operations.
- Perform periodic property site inspections to ensure property performance and high standards of property management, capital improvement programs and maintenance.
- Analyze capital improvement project proposals to determine profitability and consistency with owner strategy.
- Coordinate the collection and preparation of research data for annual business plans, property hold/sell analyses, disposition plans and client requests.
- Maintain up to date market database (i.e. supply/demand, regulatory, macro-economic conditions, etc.) on existing markets and markets targeted for expansion of company’s portfolio.
- Assist in preparing due diligence materials, including due diligence checklists, project plan and service contract summaries.
- Coordinate and monitor property tax appeals.
- Prepare asset management meeting agendas, key performance indicator reports and other analyses.
- Maintain and, where appropriate, abstract documentation for all assets, including operating, purchase and sale & management agreements, loan documents (including any guaranties), tax credit compliance and prepare closing memorandums.
- Must have regular, reasonable and predictable attendance.
- Assist in annual and periodic asset valuations.
- Handle property and asset management of two commercial mixed retail/office properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, real estate or other related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in real estate asset management or related field, including knowledge of property accounting, operations, valuation and lender obligations
- Experience in multi-family market rate required and knowledge of affordable a plus.
- Participation in industry associations highly recommended.
- Proven interaction and success with institutional investor relations a strong plus.
- Detail oriented with ability to see big picture.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Excellent internal/external customer service and verbal/written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to resolve matters independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required and Yardi experience a plus.
If you are interested, please apply by clicking on the following link -
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.