ML Realty Partners (MLRP) is a long term industrial real estate investor in the Central United States. The company provides clients with an exceptional experience at its properties. A collaborative team of accountable professionals, ML Realty Partners has a platform that will continue to strive to exceed team members’ expectations, both in growth opportunities and in recognition of performance.
We are actively seeking a result driven Assistant Controller who will be responsible for the day-to-day corporate accounting at ML Realty Partners. The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Senior Controller and the candidate should have a passion for numbers. Our successful candidate will be a key member of the accounting team who will have direct collaboration to many of the departments at ML Realty Partners.
- Oversee monthly accounting close including consolidation of properties and corporate activities and prepare monthly reports for Senior Controller.
- Oversee corporate general ledger and maintaining up to date supporting schedules and checklists.
- Manage monthly cash activity including contributions, distributions, debt service payments and the ability to determine consolidated cash balance at month end.
- Ensure completion and review of monthly corporate bank account reconciliations.
- Oversight of corporate accounts payable and ability to explain budget to actual variances.
- Collaborate with asset management and third-party management teams regarding financial data and reporting.
- Assist in the quarterly reporting, annual budgets and year-end close process.
- Proactively monitor and ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures and assist with bi-annual internal control audit.
- B.S. Accounting required.
- 10+ years of real estate experience and management of direct reports preferred.
- Experience with fair value accounting for real estate strongly preferred.
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills.
- Proficient with MRI, Yardi or other real estate accounting software.
- Solid organizational, analytical, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Team player who can work with all members and departments of the organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively manage time, and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, against tight deadlines.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.